• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    I've found out a little bit about Alonzo but not much. I bought a converted lightning today at an auction. Anybody know much about him or his guns? Do they bring pretty good money. The owner of the estate said that his dad had this gun built for him 50+ years ago. He said it is unfired since getting it from Alonzo. It is in like new condition Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rick

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I've found out a little bit about Alonzo but not much. I bought a converted lightning today at an auction. Anybody know much about him or his guns? Do they bring pretty good money. The owner of the estate said that his dad had this gun built for him 50+ years ago. He said it is unfired since getting it from Alonzo. It is in like new condition Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rick

RWM59

Kurios,
    I work in Wabash, and suggest you check out the excellent display honoring Lonny Crull's work at the Wabash County Historical Museum.
    Mr. Crull did most of his conversions in the '30s and '40s. Locally, these guns are highly regarded and fetch considerable sums. I have also seen a few single shot break open target guns he made. He rifled his own barrels,and made his own fixtures and cutters to produce cylinders,triggers,sights etc. Several of these shop made tools and cutters are featured in the display, along with his rifling machine and photos of his shop. It would be well worth the drive to visit the museum, there are several other firearms on exhibit along with other war trophies/memorabilia.
    This man was no "Bubba". He was a craftsman who often resurrected junkers into beautiful, useful pieces at a time when the factories had nothing similar to offer.
    I hope this helps.

R.W.M.

LINK To Above

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well now we don't feel special anymore... seems he is doing this on multiple forums. Guessing he's been searching the interwebs for any mention of Alonzo Crull and posting wherever he sees it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well now we don't feel special anymore... seems he is doing this on multiple forums. Guessing he's been searching the interwebs for any mention of Alonzo Crull and posting wherever he sees it.

Well he needs to stop doing it here.

And he is out of Virginia.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well he needs to stop doing it here.

And he is out of Virginia.
    Agreed. I'd smoke all the new posts in this dead thread, but I can't lift the hammer.

c602d0eacac63a7bcdfdee13748f833f--marvel-quotes-avengers-quotes.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry. I know its a long shot and I am new to Crull guns and this forum. My wife is the great great granddaughter of Crull so thats why I'm trying to hunt some down. Sorry for the inconvenience
    You just need to follow the rules regarding classifieds. Bypassing the classifieds and posting in the open forum making offers to buy something, especially by someone with less than 50 posts and not a site supporter (and because of this cannot access the classifieds) will get you banned from the forum.

That said, if you are interested in hanging around and contributing, then welcome.

Top Bottom