• ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm always in the market for a good deal and to upgrade an AR

but it's not a good deal if it sucks, Cheap is not a good deal, a Happy shooter is a good deal, SO who has had some experience with this specific trigger
    ALG Defense Combat Trigger-ACT-Tuned By Geissele

I know the higher end triggers are very good triggers, but I don't have anyone local that has used one of the "tuned" triggers.

If you've installed one what kind of trigger pull did you get, I would be happy with anything under 5lbs and crisp at this price

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    My fiancé installed the ALG QMS on her AR and I think its a great trigger for the money. Not as good as the high money stuff but still strong enough to survive tens of thousands of rounds like a mil-spec. I know USDS has some of the ACTs for sale.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have the ACT on my AR pistol. It is a huge improvement over the stock trigger and I think it is a great deal for the money. I will most likely put another one on my new AR SBR.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have one in my 7.5" SBR. I like it. Better than a stock trigger. Not a bad option for the price.

IMG_2701.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just found out that ALG/ACT is a no go for large pin Colt LE guns! Called ALG and they have no plans to make a large pin trigger.

I am sitting on three 6920s and want the ACT trigger but it is not for me. Nuts.

Are all my options limited to two stage triggers?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So far, I have read they are better than a stock trigger. I will ride along with this thread to see if anyone can compare them to the more expensive triggers on the market. I had a stock trigger which I did not care for at all. I had a Rock River NM 2-Stage which I liked a lot.

However, some have told me that the Jewell's and the Geissle's are quite a bit nicer than the RR trigger. I am prepared to spend the money on say an SSA or SSA-E, but if this ALG is close, I am not opposed to saving money.

I do know that I don't want to mess around with adjustable triggers.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I am told that ALG Defense is owned by Mrs. Geissele, so the quality should certainly be there. We have both the ACT ($69.95) and QMS ($49.95) trigger systems in stock. They have been well received by our customers and are a nice bridge between a standard mil-spec trigger and the more expensive match-type setups.

OP, I see you are in Martinsville. We have a demo lower with the ACT trigger installed, if you want to come by and check it out firsthand.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    So far, I have read they are better than a stock trigger. I will ride along with this thread to see if anyone can compare them to the more expensive triggers on the market. I had a stock trigger which I did not care for at all. I had a Rock River NM 2-Stage which I liked a lot.

However, some have told me that the Jewell's and the Geissle's are quite a bit nicer than the RR trigger. I am prepared to spend the money on say an SSA or SSA-E, but if this ALG is close, I am not opposed to saving money.

I do know that I don't want to mess around with adjustable triggers.

I have a SSA in my 12.5" SBR.

The ACT is a damn fine combat trigger, much better than a stock set-up. It's no SSA-E, which is superior, at over 3 times the cost of a ACT.

Depending on what you are using your rifle for, if it's just a M4 style rifle, the ACT is just fine.

If you are looking to use it in something like a DMR, then the SSA-E is what you want.

The SSA is a great trigger too. Not as refined as the SSA-E, but a great trigger none the less. Great for SBR's. I run that one in my 12.5" SBR

DSCN1983_zpsf7fbe276.jpg

Top Bottom