• ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Hey guys and gals,
    I have a question and hope some of you kind hearted INGO member's might know the answer. My wife and i had a garage sale this weekend and well, we still have literally 2 truckbeds full of stuff. Stuff includes: lots of little girl and baby girl clothes, kids toys, mass amounts of woman's clothes and shoes (yes all the mrs. loonies), boy,teenage boy clothes, shoes, sports euipment, household goods and a small pile of men's clothes. I really could give two sh---'s whether i get a tax write off, and I DO NOT want to take it to goodwill (as there not very GOOD). Amvets and the salvation army are my definate go to's, but i would prefer a good woman's shelter or a homeless shelter. Oh yea, i would definately prefer somewhere in Indianapolis since it will be 2 loads. thanks in advance.:ingo:

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just did this Saturday. We had a garage sale and took everything that was left save for a few items to this place in Kokomo. Staff - CAM - Coordinated Assistance Ministries, Inc.

They were most appreciative. My church already does stuff for this place so that is why we chose to give the stuff to them. You may give them a call and see if they have any sister type organizations in Indy they could recommend. These places usually have a pretty good network of like organizations.
    http://www.caminchopeforhomeless.org/home/staff

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I just did this Saturday. We had a garage sale and took everything that was left save for a few items to this place in Kokomo. Staff - CAM - Coordinated Assistance Ministries, Inc.

They were most appreciative. My church already does stuff for this place so that is why we chose to give the stuff to them. You may give them a call and see if they have any sister type organizations in Indy they could recommend. These places usually have a pretty good network of like organizations.
    man good idea, church did not even cross my small mind. thanks bro

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    The womens shelter in Indy is another good one. Also I might be interested in some of it . Please may I pm you or you Pm me.

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Call around and see what women's shelters are in your area - if you can't find an indie one (that may not get much funding from a 'corporation' or mother-organization)that needs some help you may want to donate to the YWCA.

Check any place that generally supports charities in your area - my go-to place is the yarn store here in town (I'm in Lafayette). They do charity knitting for not only local places, but places around the world. If worse comes to worse, contact your local indie yarn seller (That would be.. hm, Mass Avenue or maybe Sheep Street around Indy-ish.).

Top Bottom