Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Scarborough: AR-15 ?More Lethal than M16? ? Finkel Blog

A "gun expert" said the AR-15 is "more lethal" than the M-16s.

Wow, just, WOW! AR stands for Armalite Rifle. 15 is the company's designation. M-16 is the military's designation for the weapon. Kind of like how a Boeing 707 is also an Air Force KC/EC/WC-135 and an E-3 AWACS and an E-8 JSTARS.

Go figure, a gun expert on MSNBC doesn't know duck **** from apple butter.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    But, it is about the competing narratives. We want to say, "But a GGWG...." and now there is a prominent, easily remembered example of, "But a GGWG didn't do ****...."

Sorry people, we just need to prepare for that position.
    Correct. One good guy (I'd dispute that anyone refusing to protect and serve as they have sworn to do is a "good guy") didn't do anything. Which is why you have several to maximize the chances of success. Which is why it makes sense to allow teachers with CCWs to carry on school property. No one is asking for SEAL Team 6 to be in every school, but a teacher with basic training and the ability to exploit a fatal funnel (classroom door) can make all the difference.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah, absolutely. That's part of why the military and police train the way they do. 2 is 1 and 1 is none.

Generally, I try not to judge people, especially in situations I've never been in. I'm trying REALLY hard not to judge this guy based on the hardest 5 minutes of his life (I hope).

The guy apparently had a long, successful career.

But, I can't help but think I would've made a different decision. Might've been better; might've been worse.
    If he hadn't have been alone, would he have gone in? Most of us don't know if we'll ride to the sound of the guns and thankfully we won't have to find out. How many LEOs make it through a career without firing a shot other than on the range, let alone having a situation like this arise? With that said, one hell of a time to find out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sheriff’s comments certainly made it sound like he didn’t do all that he could have.

After last night's CNN/leftist gun control ambush, I would treat anything that sheriff said as suspect. As a person of authority, he was a terrible leader, working up the crowd to overwhelm anything but the anti-gun agenda.

Dana had him on the ropes for a bit and all he did was deflect and redirect to take the heat off of his department's failure to do anything after the numerous complaints and visits to the murderer.

-------------------------------

On the subject of the school safety officer, I don't think we have the facts to judge that guy effectively yet do we?

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    After last night's CNN/leftist gun control ambush, I would treat anything that sheriff said as suspect. As a person of authority, he was a terrible leader, working up the crowd to overwhelm anything but the anti-gun agenda.

Dana had him on the ropes for a bit and all he did was deflect and redirect to take the heat off of his department's failure to do anything after the numerous complaints and visits to the murderer.

On the subject of the school safety officer, I don't think we have the facts to judge that guy effectively yet do we?

True, sheriff is a huge liberal, I wouldn't trust anything he says or does.

Wonder if him and the sheriff of Pinellas that wants to shot anyone with a gun are friends?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

I didn’t watch it but the snippets I heard today were just awful. I think it’s called a false dichotomy or something like that. “If you’re not for us, you’re against us!” And they call us divisive.....it actually is possible to be pro 2nd Amendment and simulataneously against the murder of children.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    69aVLUw.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I didn't see the whole thing either, but everyone should watch as much as they can stand. It's insane, but we need to know what we are up against.

It's very very sad how political/agenda driven the county sheriff is. Truly disappointing.

[video=youtube;ZaLh74eXTDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaLh74eXTDo[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I heard some of Dana's clips yesterday and the crowd noise was so distracting, I'm glad I didn't try to watch it.

I didn't see the whole thing either, but everyone should watch as much as they can stand. It's insane, but we need to know what we are up against.

It's very very sad how political/agenda driven the county sheriff is. Truly disappointing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Honestly, is it? The position of Sheriff is an elected position. People elect him based on how they want him to enforce law, and accept the political agenda he represents. Remember the Sheriff captain down in Louisiana with the kickass videos? Well whomever the head Sheriff is, he approved those videos, and apparently his constituents like it. I'm not saying he is above criticism, but at least acknowledge that until voted out of office, "the people," condone the actions of their particular sheriff.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Correct. One good guy (I'd dispute that anyone refusing to protect and serve as they have sworn to do is a "good guy") didn't do anything. Which is why you have several to maximize the chances of success. Which is why it makes sense to allow teachers with CCWs to carry on school property. No one is asking for SEAL Team 6 to be in every school, but a teacher with basic training and the ability to exploit a fatal funnel (classroom door) can make all the difference.

Absolutely. The schools need to be locked down tight and they need either armed security, armed teachers or both. There is no reason that idiots can get a gun into a school and if they do, there's no reason for them to not expect an armed response that shuts them down before they can do any, or at least much, damage. Colion said it well:

[video=youtube_share;m2cXChSsd2k]https://youtu.be/m2cXChSsd2k[/video]

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's some serious irony right there. A level of irony on par with US troops providing security at a conference attended by Mohamed Farrah Aidid.

He better hope they do a better job than he did. You'd think they would just put one officer out there... would be kind of ironic. And only allow him to guard the door in case someone tried to exit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom