• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Adaptive Consulting & Training will host our popular CP101 "Introduction to Competition Shooting" course Saturday April 18, 2009 in Greencastle, Indiana.

This course is an entry level course for anyone who may be interested in learning more about action/practical shooting competitions available in central Indiana and what is involved with handgun competition. The focus will be on USPSA and Steel Challenge competitions. There will be a classroom segment in the morning featuring range safety, safe handling and operation of handguns, marksmanship, and competition rules and equipment. Following the lecture and discussion, students will participate in live fire drills and exercises on the range.

This is a great opportunity for anyone is new to gun ownership and would like to get some trigger time while receiving instruction and coaching from experienced competition instructors. You will learn what competition is all about in a low stress, no pressure environment. Even if you never take part in a competition this class will be beneficial with all the basics of safe gun handling, and marksmanship. Hopefully it will spark a deeper interest in competition and you will be well prepared for that very first match!

Lead instructor is Aron Bright, who will be assisted by other ACT staff members.

Tentative class schedule:
    8:15-8:30 registration and sign in
    8:30-11:30 classroom
    11:30 - 12:00 gourmet hot dog lunch provided
    12:00 - 4:00 live fire on the range. (400 rounds minimum)

For more information or to register, please contact one of us via email at:

aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com
    joseph@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Adaptive Consulting & Training

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We are getting some interest in this class as the time gets closer. Should be a great class for anyone wanting to get into competitive shooting. Check out the ACT website for more info or pm me.

This class will help you get competitive much faster than trial and error on your own.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Yes contact me when you know. We can handle a good number and still have a great instructor to student ratio even if we get many last minute folks. We will not go over 12 students though no matter what.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Eye and ear protection
    Gun 9mm or larger
    holster that covers trigger guard
    mag pouches
    ammo
    water and snacks
    300-400 rounds of ammo. (your round count may vary)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You'll want at least five magazines too. The more magazines you have, the better, so if you have more than five, bring them.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Competition season has begun and we are looking to fill out the rest of this class roster. Anyone looking to sign up let me know and I will get the application to you. We are looking to focus on rules, gear, divisions, classifications, drills, basic skills, gun handling and some dry fire drills, and some other competition essentials.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Just a reminder that this class is upcoming and some spots remaining. This is the chance to get the low down on USPSA and Steel Challenge sports, and Rhino will be available to bring IDPA into the discussion.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm looking forward to the class. It's the day before the match at RileyCC (19APR09), so you'll be able to apply some of the things you learn on the 18th during the class.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A few spots available as time draws near. If you are looking to getting into competition this is a good place to begin. This course will help you hit the ground running for you first match.

Barrn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Plainfield
    Rhino,

I just sent an email to register. You know me. You just won't know who I am until you get my email. I hope its not to late to get in the class.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino,

I just sent an email to register. You know me. You just won't know who I am until you get my email. I hope its not to late to get in the class.

Hey, Barrn! Welcome to INGO ... good to hear from you.

I just replied to your email and you're good to go for Saturday. I sent the address and directions to the facility. If you have any last minute questions that aren't answered by previous messages in this topic, let us know.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Rhino,

I replied to email and sent you my cell. Call if you need anything else. See You Saturdya morning.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Haven't ever been to a real life shooting class before. :nailbite: :eek:

I hope you can do a lot of pushups and run for a few miles! Coach is really, really mean to his students! :D

I remember the feeling well, so don't think you're alone. The CP101 is actually a very gentle and forgiving introduction to USPSA-style shooting. The morning will consist of a discussion of how the matches are run, USPSA rules and scoring, and some basics on gun handling. The afternoon will be the exercises on the range. I think you will learn a lot and have some fun along the way.

Top Bottom