Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Adaptive Consulting and Training Course Announcement
    What: Competition 201 (Focus on Movement)
    When: Saturday May 23, 2009
    Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
    Where: Bright Range Greencastle, Indiana
    Lead Instructor: Aron Bright (Coach)
    Cost: $95
    Requirements: All the gear for a USPSA style match, 500 rounds of ammo, sack lunch prepare for the weather.

This course will be an intermediate level competition course that will focus on reducing stage times by efficient movement between positions. Competitors can reduce their over all stage times significantly without shooting faster, and that will be the focus of this course. This course will not include a classroom portion as all teaching will be on the range.
    Topics that will be covered will include but not be limited to: gun position, safe movement, entering and exiting positions, reloading on the move, shooting through ports, target order, stage breakdown, and lateral movement, forward and rearward movement. Shooters will be engaging in shooting and movement drills that reflect scenarios from stages seen in matches.
    As this is an intermediate course the competitor should have completed either a number of USPSA or IDPA matches or previously taken Competition 101. This course is being held early in the season to allow shooters time to practice these skills before many of the major matches are upon us.

If you have any questions or wish to register for the class contact me at aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.org

Hope to see you on the range.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    This is the class where the smooth is fast starts to come into play. Many competitors already shoot faster than they should (me included, hehe) and Coach's 201 class will get you headed to B, A or even Master class much faster!

See you all there. I'm taking the class myself (sort of). i'll be splitting my time helping coach and trying to relearn this stuff.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We are going to drill and practice shooting targets coming into and leaving positions, and a few other tricks that will reduce stage times without shooting faster. I also plan to spend the last portion of class working on shooting on the move, and how to know when to do it and when not to do it.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Still a spot or two in the class. If you've been through the CP101 class or have several matches under your belt, this class will benefit you greatly.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Rimfire

For those signed up and coming to this class bring your competition gun and gear and bring a .22 pistol if you have one and some ammo. My plan is to shoot a lot of drills and some of them can be done with a .22. If you do not have a .22 pistol I will loan mine just bring a brick of ammo. Federal and Winchester and CCI feed well in my gun but Remington does not.

Trying to keep the ammo cost down a little.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have one spot left at this time for sure. Possibly two spots. First come first serve. Class size will be limited.

Just confirmed to night will have another ACT instructor present so this will allow us to take a few more students. Still a go idea to get signed up now.

Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Coach
    I will bring my paperwork with me on Saturday
    Are you sure you want it to be dry... a couple of fat guys rolling around in the mud might be just a little funny, even if its me
    see you on the 23rd

Top Bottom