• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I've been hearing the term "super precedent"....help me out. I've only been practicing law 22 years. I have no idea what this means.

I mean, by 1954, Plessy v. Ferguson was "good law" for over 50 years....

Then there’s Roe v. Wade, which is “Settled Law” (and as such, in Demo-Land, is more ‘holy’ than anything found in either the Old or New Testament).

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've been hearing the term "super precedent"....help me out. I've only been practicing law 22 years. I have no idea what this means.

They explained it in an exchange.

Super precedent means that the case is no longer disputed. Basically all arguments against it have been settled, and there's no desire from hardly anyone to dispute it.

Translating it away from political speak: We won, please don't overturn it and make us losers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Super precedent means that the case is no longer disputed. Basically all arguments against it have been settled, and there's no desire from hardly anyone to dispute it.

Translating it away from political speak: We won, please don't overturn it and make us losers.

So if it is no longer disputed...not an issue, right? No need to ask questions about it.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I don't think congressmen understand that the court doesn't randomly decide to take up an issue and rule on it.

Then that means that they weren't listening during Graham's segment at the beginning today where they went over the process that cases make their way to the SC repeatedly.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

[video=youtube;NUIzs9bwyl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIzs9bwyl4[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cory Booker now. What a richard. "Can the President pardon himself for past or future crimes?" ... etc.... ad nauseum.

I'd be okay if they just heckled back on stupid questions.

"What? Are you ****ing restarded?" I mean, I'm kinda lukewarm on ACB, but she could move solidly in the green zone if she said that to Cory Booker.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Apparently it's scholarly? :dunno:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'd be telling these clowns to do something to themselves that is impossible. Always had little tolerance for BS. At times in corporate America it has gotten me in trouble with the PC police.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sen. Hirono asked ACB "since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature?"

What a horribly sexist question. Treat ACB like a male nominee to SCOTUS, and accuse her of being a gang rapist :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Apparently it's scholarly? :dunno:

I guess.

I would think that any case which incorrectly interpreted the Constitution would be fair game.

...but the smarty pants apparently coined the term mean cases that no one will ever challenge...which means that they really don't need to be discussed....

...which is most certainly not what the Dems were asking about.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I guess.

I would think that any case which incorrectly interpreted the Constitution would be fair game.

...but the smarty pants apparently coined the term mean cases that no one will ever challenge...which means that they really don't need to be discussed....

...which is most certainly not what the Dems were asking about.

Interesting how desperate the dems are to draw parallels between Brown v Board and Roe v Wade, and to have them both classified as Super Precedent. They really worked it, without much effect.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I'd be okay if they just heckled back on stupid questions.

"What? Are you ****ing restarded?" I mean, I'm kinda lukewarm on ACB, but she could move solidly in the green zone if she said that to Cory Booker.

The only truthful answer that Booker could give to that question is “yes”.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sen. Hirono asked ACB "since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature?"

What a horribly sexist question. Treat ACB like a male nominee to SCOTUS, and accuse her of being a gang rapist :):
    And have you ever settled a claim for such acts? So now they will need time to research the issue because someone has come forward... we ask for a couple weeks to look into this...

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

Funny thing now is that the hardest of the “Hard Left” is essentially arguing for re-segregation as a means to overcome “White Privilege”. The old idea of “The Republic of New Africa” seems to be germinating again.

Top Bottom