• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    If this guy's legit, he might be tough to beat.
    I thought the same about last year's Congressional candidate for District 1 (NWI).
    Turns out, overcoming the straight-party ticket vote is a HUGE hill to climb.

Doesn't matter what your platform is, what your identity is, how much you spend campaigning or even what your name is. The overwhelming majority of voters vote the party line.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    According to what Hammer and Nigel just reported, Abdul will have to forgo his radio show while campaigning?

He can be a radio show guest though and will be on with Hammer and Nigel tomorrow 3:30PM...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think a call will go out to the ballot box stuffers if he's percieved to be any kind of serious threat. What one city can do, another can do.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've listened to him on the radio and watched him on TV for a couple of years now. It is clear that he understands how the establishment work, and has consistently been critical of them. He's built a reputation on calling out party politics and crony capitalism.

I'll vote to give him a chance to practice what he preaches.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've listened to him on the radio and watched him on TV for a couple of years now. It is clear that he understands how the establishment work, and has consistently been critical of them. He's built a reputation on calling out party politics and crony capitalism.

I'll vote to give him a chance to practice what he preaches.

It's hard for me to listen to him much. He's quite the arrogant know it all. He totally lost me with his nevertrump BS.

That said, he'd be far far better than what we are stuck with now as the mayor of our capital city.

As indyjohn stated, it'd be great to see him put his money where his mouth is. :yesway:

Maybe if he loses by close enough numbers, he'll lead the charge to investigate how exactly ballots are handled in liberal Marion County?

The fact that contenders can't even get close to Andre Carson, Ryan Mears or Joe Hogsett, with their records, certainly makes one wonder about the vote counters up there?
    We can nearly throw a rock to Chicago, right?

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree. He is arrogant AF. But he is hands down far better than anything we've had in office here in the circle city.

I'm rooting for him. And you and all of the rest of us. He may be the answer to our long embarrassment of our capital city?

If Abdul is elected, Mears reports to him correct?

I'm sure I'm not alone as a lifelong Hoosier hoping for better for us? Maybe Hoosier business' in INDY and all over the state will well fund Abdul's campaign to give him the best chance possible?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Not a indy resident but do listen to him. One thing about him being a mayor is he we have alot more to live up to with his radio show and peers Nd know he will be called out faster if he doesn't practice what he preaches. I believe he will be a great mayor for indy

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not a indy resident but do listen to him. One thing about him being a mayor is he we have alot more to live up to with his radio show and peers Nd know he will be called out faster if he doesn't practice what he preaches. I believe he will be a great mayor for indy
    Its not a high bar. A potato would be a better mayor than Mayor Stinky Shoes. Just sayin.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Shabazz has a couple of things going for him that others haven't - African-american and fairly good name recognition. His "all knowing, better than you" style might be a turn-off to some voters, though. I just don't see anyone even resembling a republican getting into the mayoral office with the current ideological bent of Indy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good to see some dollars coming to Abdul from an old friend, that
    I grew up around. Hoosier businessman, far outside of Indy, understanding that our capital city matters...

...The other Republican frontrunner, Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, had about $77,000 cash on hand, having received about $88,000 in donations since the start of the year. His biggest donor was the Hoosier carnival businessman Danny Huston, who donated $10,000. Shabazz is the former board president of the Marion County Fairgrounds...

Top Bottom