• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Good to see some dollars coming to Abdul from an old friend, that
    I grew up around. Hoosier businessman, far outside of Indy, understanding that our capital city matters...

...The other Republican frontrunner, Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, had about $77,000 cash on hand, having received about $88,000 in donations since the start of the year. His biggest donor was the Hoosier carnival businessman Danny Huston, who donated $10,000. Shabazz is the former board president of the Marion County Fairgrounds...

Look at who is the big money donors pushing the crap that the dems represent…

Hogsett leads the pack

As expected, Hogsett had the most money out of all candidates with $4 million in cash on hand, having received about $691,000 in donations at the start of this year.

His biggest individual donors this year so far were Cindy Simon-Skjodt, philanthropist and daughter of late billionaire business tycoon Melvin Simon, and Herbert Simon, the owner of the Indiana Pacers and chairman emeritus of the shopping mall developer Simon Property Group. They each donated $50,000 to Hogsett’s campaign.

His second top donor was Taggart Birge, CEO of health care real estate company Cornerstone, who donated $25,000.

His biggest corporate donor this year was Taft Stettinius & Hollister, which has worked with the city. The law firm donated $100,000 to his campaign.

Hogsett has long had a massive campaign war chest, powered by some of Indianapolis’ biggest players in business and real estate including Michael G. Browning, the longtime chairman of the board at Indianapolis-based real estate firm Browning, and Simon.

Both individuals’ companies have major development projects downtown, IndyStar reported in January.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    He wants to delay LE comms in Marion County 15 minutes. Hence, I can't support him:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He wants to encrypt all LE communication in Marion County. Hence, I can't support him:

He's sending me unsolicited texts, so I won't support him either.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He's campaigning for the primary election on Tuesday. That's what this thread is about. :scratch:
    He hasn't clarified what he'll do if he fails to get the Republican nomination. You said you can't support him. Period. The extra text, "but I'll hold my nose and vote for him in the General" was left out.

If that's not what you meant to say, there's an "Edit" button.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He hasn't clarified what he'll do if he fails to get the Republican nomination. You said you can't support him. Period. The extra text, "but I'll hold my nose and vote for him in the General" was left out.

If that's not what you meant to say, there's an "Edit" button.
    I didn't include "but I'll hold my nose and vote for him in the General" because that's not what I was saying. This is about the primary, and that's all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can tolerate a 15 min delay. That is reasonable IMHO.

But encrypting it so we never hear ANY of it? Hard NOPE!

I’m ok with tac channels being encrypted, but never general dispatch.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I can tolerate a 15 min delay. That is reasonable IMHO.

But encrypting it so we never hear ANY of it? Hard NOPE!

I’m ok with tac channels being encrypted, but never general dispatch.
    All districts have had encrypted tac channels for YEARS. Any delay is completely unnecessary! Drip, drip, drip…

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    He wants to delay LE comms in Marion County 15 minutes. Hence, I can't support him:

For the tl;dr folks:
    1682835267202.png
    This is absolutely spot on, and I would love the INGO cops to weigh in on this. It may not be your call, but you can still voice your opinion.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Still miss Abdul's radio talk show.

I did not agree with him all the time, but he could at least string together a good reason for his position.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Still miss Abdul's radio talk show.

I did not agree with him all the time, but he could at least string together a good reason for his position.
    Hopefully he will return soon since he only left due to fairness issues and his campaign. No campaign=no conflict of interest anymore.

midwestmobster

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Top Bottom