• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think everyone had a really great time tonight. It was an excellent turnout, especially when our "mystery guests" arrived from Fishers!

I will echo the thanks to Tyler34 for taking point on the arrangements. We had a really good spot at BW3s, and by the end of the evening, we had the entire restaurant to ourselves.

Fenway was kind enough to bring hats for folks, as well as tease and taunt us with a sample "INGO Tactical" hat and patch. (me want, me want!)

As always, I was impressed with the kind of people that INGO brings out of the woodwork. It was nice putting faces to names of people who's been on here forever (or at least a year :D).

Joshua (techres) has some great events coming down the pipeline for the Bloomington-area Mutual Support Group. Keep an eye on the calendar.

As more than half of the Mod Team was in attendance, we had a quick meeting and decided that rather than spend our hard-earned dollars in the Classifieds section, we are now going to purchase items with rep and/or post count. So if you're selling something, and Lars wants it, he's now going to pay you in Gold Bar Rep. ;)

For a final list of attendees:

Fenway
    W9ZEB
    Pami
    NateIU10 + Kristin
    JByer232
    Kr_Treefrog2
    lovemywoods
    esrice
    tyler34
    techres
    Dr Falken
    bwframe
    Soundslikejosh
    Jezebel
    mettle
    IUGradStudent

Pictures to follow. . . .

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    2nm4y0.jpg

b3ubkk.jpg

33o2n13.jpg

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    As more than half of the Mod Team was in attendance, we had a quick meeting and decided that rather than spend our hard-earned dollars in the Classifieds section, we are now going to purchase items with rep and/or post count. So if you're selling something, and Lars wants it, he's now going to pay you in Gold Bar Rep. ;)

+1

Any Glock 19s or Magazines? Have Rep, will trade ;)

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    So here's my favorite story of the night:

I arrived a bit late (around 9:15) which was around the same time that Fenway, Lars, and Pami showed up. We found a spot at the far end of the table next to Mettle, SoundslikeJosh, and NateIU's +1. Fenway was the last in the door and when he sat down he introduced himself to Mettle as "Mike." I knew who he was right away from the pics on the site (and the fact that he came in with Lars and Pami -- also a dead giveaway). But Mettle didn't pick up on the fact that Mike = Fenway. Even the bag full of INGO hats didn't register with him.

So, about halfway through the night Mettle asks Mike what his screenname is. Upon hearing, he looks away and hangs his head...then starts laughing at himself. You could just see him thinking "Doh, I've been talking this whole time with the guy who runs the site." I think the next line out of his mouth was, "so, you're kind of involved with the board, aren't you?"

:D:D:D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I am still working through that one... the giveaways were tremendous... I was blind... Fenway was incognito... the hats were showing...

NOT one of my shining moments. :dunno::rolleyes::n00b::)

I, er, uh, ..... OH!! :laugh:

I had a great time as well. I also arrived in time to still save my wife her sanity with two kids at the end of a workday. So, I am still alive.

I NEED to get her around some of these events, Pami needs to throw some moderator influence on her!

Great time all! Thanks Tyler!

I arrived a bit late (around 9:15) which was around the same time that Fenway, Lars, and Pami showed up. We found a spot at the far end of the table next to Mettle, SoundslikeJosh, and NateIU's +1. Fenway was the last in the door and when he sat down he introduced himself to Mettle as "Mike." I knew who he was right away from the pics on the site (and the fact that he came in with Lars and Pami -- also a dead giveaway). But Mettle didn't pick up on the fact that Mike = Fenway. Even the bag full of INGO hats didn't register with him.

So, about halfway through the night Mettle asks Mike what his screenname is. Upon hearing, he looks away and hangs his head...then starts laughing at himself. You could just see him thinking "Doh, I've been talking this whole time with the guy who runs the site." I think the next line out of his mouth was, "so, you're kind of involved with the board, aren't you?"

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Very well written. A+ sir :D

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Well, I really wish I could have been there. It is great to put faces to names though.

Spending time with the husband last night was a good thing for both of us. We were able to work through the potential health risks with him that we are facing. He was supposed to have surgery tomorrow to fix a double abdominal aortic aneurysm. During the pre op work up they determined that he has some sort of apparent blockage in his heart. We see a cardiologist on Friday. If it is what they think he will need to have the blockage repaired prior to the aneurysms. The problem is that he would have to wait up to 6 months to have those fixed. They are bad right now and waiting could cause them to rupture.

As a police officer he can't work until they are repaired. He has never had anything that required surgery in his life and is terrified of the idea. Now he is terrified that those aneurysms are going to pop and if they do he will bleed out within a minute.

I don't want to be a widow again. Will let you know what the doc says on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed that maybe the test was read incorrectly and there is no blockage.

Glad you all had a great time.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Really wanted to be there myself...mmm, wings and beer...I mean, uh, meeting people from this site is why I would've been there.:D Having to wake up at 3:30am to get ready for work wouldn't have made for a good day. Maybe next time.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Really wanted to be there myself...mmm, wings and beer...I mean, uh, meeting people from this site is why I would've been there.:D Having to wake up at 3:30am to get ready for work wouldn't have made for a good day. Maybe next time.

Wow and here I thought I was the only one with a wake up call that early! I feel your pain brother. :yesway: :D

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Well, I really wish I could have been there. It is great to put faces to names though.

Spending time with the husband last night was a good thing for both of us. We were able to work through the potential health risks with him that we are facing. He was supposed to have surgery tomorrow to fix a double abdominal aortic aneurysm. During the pre op work up they determined that he has some sort of apparent blockage in his heart. We see a cardiologist on Friday. If it is what they think he will need to have the blockage repaired prior to the aneurysms. The problem is that he would have to wait up to 6 months to have those fixed. They are bad right now and waiting could cause them to rupture.

As a police officer he can't work until they are repaired. He has never had anything that required surgery in his life and is terrified of the idea. Now he is terrified that those aneurysms are going to pop and if they do he will bleed out within a minute.

I don't want to be a widow again. Will let you know what the doc says on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed that maybe the test was read incorrectly and there is no blockage.

Glad you all had a great time.

You and your husband's well being are in my families thoughts and prayers.

God Bless and Godspeed to a healthy recovery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom