• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :poop: dreamt up by Progressives. Setting up a wind farm takes too much space that could be used for homes or farms or many other things. The wind turbines kill massive amounts of birds, plus they don't last very long and need replacement parts often. Best thing we could do is stop the alarmism from people who don't know WTF they're talking about and go back to fossil fuels and nuclear.
    Technology has come so far since the early nuclear plants and the 3 mile island type issues they had. Computers and controls/materials and construction techniques. Miles ahead of where they once were. A nuclear plant if built today would be far more efficient and longer lived.
    The only real issue is what to do with the waste. Maybe Ellon Musk could put it in his cars and into lunar orbit...:):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Technology has come so far since the early nuclear plants and the 3 mile island type issues they had. Computers and controls/materials and construction techniques. Miles ahead of where they once were. A nuclear plant if built today would be far more efficient and longer lived.
    The only real issue is what to do with the waste. Maybe Ellon Musk could put it in his cars and into lunar orbit...:):

I just saw a video on nuclear waste on YT and tech for it has come a long way as well. Also to note, they ran things dirty back in the day on purpose for materials for nuclear weapons, which no longer needs to be done.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This is the company that is setting up the solar projects in Starke, Pulaski and Jasper counties. I believe it involves 30,000 acres between Starke and Pulaski counties alone. I am unsure of how many acres are involved in Jasper, but nearly every field on State Road 10 between 421 and 49 appear to be getting set up for the panels. It makes me sad. I used to see so many sandhill cranes in those fields when I go to visit my parents. This past winter as they have begun construction on the project, I have seen very few of these birds. The panels aren't even in yet, and the birds have changed their route. They are apparently putting in a field about a mile from our house as well.
    Going down 421 to 114 recently, I can see the red flashing lights of the windmills that weren't there a few years ago. Man is it annoying.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Going down 421 to 114 recently, I can see the red flashing lights of the windmills that weren't there a few years ago. Man is it annoying.

Drove down US 41 couple years ago before daylight, and the ones around, I think, Boswell, all flashing in unison on both sides of the road, kinda freaked with my eyes. I imagine someone with dyslexia, or whatever that condition is that's affected by certain visuals, could be severely messed up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In the last few years my REMC has installed a couple solar farms. Strangely though, there is no dash board anywhere where a member can go to to see how much energy those things are producing. Does anyone know if any of the other companies running these ”green energy” sites have a way of checking their energy production status? You’d think, if these things were as marvelous as “they” want us to believe, they’d be hyping them on their websites.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Pleads guilty?
    To what?
    Anyone with a brain could have foreseen birds being killed.
    So, if anyone is "guilty" it would be the ones that approved it.
    Course, government never admits they were wrong and guilty.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was unaware they are putting them in near you. Which area?
    Jack Bell's farm on 250 and 500. Also near Howard's from what I understand. I'm not sure where all they are going but there apparently are several planned in our area and all have already been approved.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wind energy is a niche only and doesn't make sense at massive scale. Really, we need to go back to building nuclear plants. Efficient, effective, long-living, and reasonably-priced energy. But all the eco-greenies are the same ones who made nuclear plants so expensive to build (to comply with the insane regulations), that almost no-one will take the risk. It's too bad, because it's still the best energy generation at scale available.

The funny thing is how poorly informed the public is on nuclear energy.

A large percentage thinks a nuclear power plant leaks radiation and that waste is green goo in 55 gallon drums.

Meanwhile, I'd be fine with them building one across the street from me.

Top Bottom