• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It's not just eagles. I worked with these tax sucking bastards (not for them...generally against) till I retired 6 months ago. The last number I heard was 2.6 Trillion birds slaughtered. Putting in a wind farm is like introducing a new apex predator into the environment; but somehow that is never part of the environmental analysis.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Never seen a windmill mill grain. That has always been done by a watermill. At least all the ones I've seen
    Milling grain was one of if not the earliest uses. Hence the term "mill".
    This seems to me to be the use of the word, that once was a specific, to express a wind driven power source.
    Pretty much. Similar to kleenex being used for any facial tissue or wet wipe for any moist towelette. Or CCW for any states license/permit whether concealing is required or not. Or clip used for magazine. Except windmill has been used for pretty much any wind powered machinery for so long that it's common usage and dictionaries will list the definition as including pumps/turbines/etc.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I see we are now environmentalists. So it's no longer Ok to kill endangered owls and such?
    I think what is getting most people is the hypocrisy, use "green energy" that kills millions to trillions of birds a year in this country alone and claim that it's environmentally friendly. Where if a farmer or other landowner wants to cut down a patch of woods or drain a swamp on their property... Not to mention if someone took out a protected predator that is killing your food supply. It wasn't that long ago I remember black vultures being discussed on this site.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I have no doubt they do. Just seems to me that if these things are the gift from God the greenies would have us believe, they’d have a dash board on their websites to show us at any given time just how much they’re saving the planet at any given moment.
    That seems like a good idea but most people wouldn’t understand why output levels would vary day to day. Say you have a 5 Megawatt solar farm and on a cloudy day it’s only producing less than 1 megawatt, most people would not understand that clouds impact solar panels. Same with a wind farms.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” George Carlin

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That seems like a good idea but most people wouldn’t understand why output levels would vary day to day. Say you have a 5 Megawatt solar farm and on a cloudy day it’s only producing less than 1 megawatt, most people would not understand that clouds impact solar panels. Same with a wind farms.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” George Carlin
    Of that I have no doubt. Some people can’t master turn signals yet we have them anyway.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Never seen a windmill mill grain. That has always been done by a watermill. At least all the ones I've seen
    Ever been to Holland? Seen pictures? Holland, Michigan even...

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    What about The BrightSource plant out in California. They were killing a bird every two minutes, even had a nickname for em, called them smokers because they would get incinerated in flight.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's not just eagles. I worked with these tax sucking bastards (not for them...generally against) till I retired 6 months ago. The last number I heard was 2.6 Trillion birds slaughtered. Putting in a wind farm is like introducing a new apex predator into the environment; but somehow that is never part of the environmental analysis.
    That's nonsense. There probably haven't been that many birds on Earth in your lifetime.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That's nonsense. There probably haven't been that many birds on Earth in your lifetime.
    Eh, the bird census isn't in for this year...maybe it was only billions. It was a lot more birds than any other non-'green' industry would get away with slaughtering.

The apex predator thing isn't just about birds, it's about every step in the food chain including lizards and bugs...even plants as every other step in the food chain is impacted by the change.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If it flies, it spies.

R.d8503ba77166271b32aae0207164a723

Top Bottom