• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    :scratch:My wife and I had a serious conversation about dope usage (in this case, cocaine) after a friend of ours left her husband because he'd spent thousands on the drug, lied, etc.

But, my question is this: Who is using all this stuff? Who is giving their life savings to cartels? I know that we may be incredibly naive but we couldn't think of anyone else we knew who used illegal drugs (with a caveat to come). We have friends who drink alcohol and a few who 'say' they smoke marijuana.

So: tons of (that's right, Tons) of cocaine, heroin, meth, oxy-whatever, ...are coming into the U.S.A.

I'm trying to be serious and would appreciate if the Trolls would go elsewhere. I guess my question is: 'Is the whole country stoned and my wife and I are just too stupid to recognize it"?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I guess my question is: 'Is the whole country stoned and my wife and I are just too "stupid" (edit to "uninformed") to recognize it"? ...
    yes

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Stoned

Not sure about the whole world but I do believe that our leaders on the hill have been stoned since their first term,lol jk back to your question, it does seem like it has become the norm as states are legalizing it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :popcorn:

This thread ought to be interesting....

OP, to answer your question...I don't and I don't know anybody that uses drugs. As far as I know, about all the people I grew up with that did do them years ago, grew up, became men, and put away childish things.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I have used marijuana, a couple times back in my late teens, never did enjoy it, I prefer coffee and my nicotine mints now, I don't even hardly drink anymore... I'm sure you would be surprised to find the amount of people that do drugs, I just assume everybody does now until they prove otherwise, it's just easier that way!

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I used to smoke pot back in the teen years. Kept going into early 20's then decided to grow up. I did have many friends who used drugs of all sorts. I know cocaine is one of the drugs that one guy can use and never have a problem with it. The next guy might use his first time and become an addict. I currently know of a few people that are addicted to pain pills of different sorts though I do not hang out with those people. We would not have to worry about the cartels if the gov't would stop playing these games and just legalize, regulate, and tax the damn drugs.

Edit. For clarity I do not care if somebody smokes pot or not. I would also if I did not have to worry about job loss over it. I am a CDL driver. I do hang out with the pain pill junkies. I have yet to meet one that is not a thief.

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't and my wife doesn't either. I know a few people that smoke pot and I still associate with them. In all honesty I'd probably partake occasionally if it was Legal but I choose not to because I need my job. As far as the hard stuff...I knew a few people that did those too, but most of them are either dead or in jail. I stick to beer and liquor!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I know business owners that smoke 1st thing in the morning and I have known people that make $150,000 a year running peoples businesses for them that smoked regularly. Can't even imagine some of the other people that use and I am just not aware of it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's likely that some of the people you would never suspect of using do, at least on an occasional/recreational level. Using cocaine doesn't mean someone has to be a junkie and there are some who can occasionally use heroin or even meth without losing control.

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of people smoke marijuana and lots of their friends do who they'd never guess do too.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    There's a word for people that would ingest a chemical concoction made by a few toothless hillbillies in a abandoned house...using ingredients that the feds are so afraid of they have to send in a haz mat team to just clean the place up...that word is STUPID.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    :scratch:My wife and I had a serious conversation about dope usage (in this case, cocaine) after a friend of ours left her husband because he'd spent thousands on the drug, lied, etc.

But, my question is this: Who is using all this stuff? Who is giving their life savings to cartels? I know that we may be incredibly naive but we couldn't think of anyone else we knew who used illegal drugs (with a caveat to come). We have friends who drink alcohol and a few who 'say' they smoke marijuana.

So: tons of (that's right, Tons) of cocaine, heroin, meth, oxy-whatever, ...are coming into the U.S.A.

I'm trying to be serious and would appreciate if the Trolls would go elsewhere. I guess my question is: 'Is the whole country stoned and my wife and I are just too stupid to recognize it"?

People from all walks of life use just about everything. Anyone with a handful of good friends and dozens of "friends" that travel in different circles could find just about anything they wanted if they asked. Also, I think most of the oxycontin originated from doctors offices. Pain clinics, doctors, and distributors have been getting in quite a bit of trouble for passing the pills out like halloween candy.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I've seen a lot of folks that use cocaine, heroin, benzos pain pills, etc because of work. A solid mix of young stupid kids, long time junkees, and people just using something to escape reality (depression, hallucinations, other mental illness). It can be really sad though...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Many people are very discrete in what they choose to "self-prescribe" for themselves.

Booze, weed, + hard drugs seem to be what commonly people think of. But try to take my coffee away and I'll go plum freakin' scarface on somebody. ;)

I'm sure I could function without coffee - but I don't wanna. I'm sure many other addicts could too - but they don't wanna neither.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There's a word for people that would ingest a chemical concoction made by a few toothless hillbillies in a abandoned house...using ingredients that the feds are so afraid of they have to send in a haz mat team to just clean the place up...that word is STUPID.

I thought you were going to say bootleggers and moonshine

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Many people are very discrete in what they choose to "self-prescribe" for themselves.

Booze, weed, + hard drugs seem to be what commonly people think of. But try to take my coffee away and I'll go plum freakin' scarface on somebody. ;)

I'm sure I could function without coffee - but I don't wanna. I'm sure many other addicts could too - but they don't wanna neither.
    I will give up my cigs before I give up my caffeine laden soda pop

Top Bottom