• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • limbsonagrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    I would love to see a state by state edition of the video.

"Suffice it to say, if a person enters your home for the purpose of harming you, you cannot reasonably expect the police to arrive in time to stop him. This is not the fault of the police—it is a problem of physics." - Sam Harris

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Too bad all of America cant step out their back doors and fire off a shot gun like Joe Biden has told us to. All at the same time, wouldnt that be awesome. Those WOULD be shots heard around the world.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Another example of the stupidity of people.

It's been said many times that the police usually show up at a crime scene, not to stop or prevent a crime.

I only know a few LEO's but the ones I know speak much more intelligently than those on the video. The ones I know would rather come to my house and find me and my family safe and a dead bad guy vs. the other way around.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Interesting video, but isn't this the reason most of us are armed to begin with?

I would think that most people know that the police response times are not quick enough in a life threatening situation.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Interesting video. Gun ownership is all about personal responsibility of taking ownership of your own and family's protection.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I come from a police family and they have my complete respect. I sleep better knowing that I am armed in case something happens at my home. The police can't instantaneously be there.
    Thanks for posting video.

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Well ****, the two people i've shown this too were hard headed and said "just hide!".

Are gun owners the only responsible citizens left? We take control when needed, AND keep those around us safe...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well ****, the two people i've shown this too were hard headed and said "just hide!".

Are gun owners the only responsible citizens left? We take control when needed, AND keep those around us safe...

If a person's response to a home invasion is to hide and cower, then by definition, they are a coward. Unfortunately, there are lots of them in society today. They make a lot of noise to try to disarm others so everyone can cower like them. In their minds, if everyone's response is to cower, then they are not a coward, but are simply normal at that point.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    The sheriff video made some good points.
    1) He said that people say we want fast response time, but we don't properly fund lawn enforcement. This is true. I personally don't want to pay more in taxes, so we have to find a better solution. How about encouraging safe gun ownership and use.
    2) I like what he said about the constitution and 2nd amendment. Freedom vs government.

Top Bottom