A lot of flakes in the classified section. People back out like crazy!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    It's no different than attempting to sell anything anymore, many people have a very short attention span and could care less about the other persons time and effort. Just be happy we have a place online that we can attempt to connect with a local deal. I fear this will go away also at some point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As others have said, the classifieds are intended as a perk for participating message board members.

If you come here just to sell your stuff, expect some users to not want to deal with you. You see, part of why we like this place for buying/selling is because we get to know users and have a feel for who we are dealing with. When somebody wanders in and throws down a $20 and just starts posting ads, they are often looked at suspiciously. And some regulars just wont do business with those that only are here to buy/sell/flip.

With that being said, either you have encountered other Classified campers who are indeed flaky, or regular members who started the deal then realized you are only here to deal and decided against the transaction.

Good luck. And if you dont like it here, Armslist is over there...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Flakes everywhere
    Let me make an observation. Of the members that have "backed out" as you say, how many posts do they have? I would tend to guess that they are not very active on the forum. If that is the case then you see why we have the rule of 50 quality posts. It's to look back and get an idea of who you are potentially dealing with.

That is why some think that should be a couple hundred posts anually.

Just my 2¢

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom