A lot of flakes in the classified section. People back out like crazy!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In all fairness the staff does not act in this manner. Not anymore. Those days are done and gone.
    Yes, it is a draw, but we also have a simple set of rules we abide by, and we go out of our way to help when possible. I would as soon help as hand out infractions and I really do not like wielding the hammer although we make lite of it.
    I give out Mulligans all the time to make it easier on new members that obviously failed to read the rules and dive in head 1st running amok with their hair on fire. If you guys sat in these seats you would see soooooo much more than what's on open forum.
    I grow weary of some of this crap to the point of letting someone else step in and lose their hair and get an ulcer.
    I give a new member every chance if they work with me. Come back at me like a petulant child wearing an adult meat suit and yes you will not enjoy the results.
    Now as to the membership.... There are a few that take this very seriously. And a few more that I have had to jack them up behind the scenes for this behavior.

A new member is to read and follow the rules. If they do it will most likely never make the front page. Start a thread because of some slight real or imaginary and this is the crap we get.

OK I have spoke my piece. I am out.

As always, thank you for your hard work! :ingo:

Don't let the aholes get to you. They don't even come close to what the rest of us think. ;)

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    In all fairness the staff does not act in this manner. Not anymore. Those days are done and gone.
    Yes, it is a draw, but we also have a simple set of rules we abide by, and we go out of our way to help when possible. I would as soon help as hand out infractions and I really do not like wielding the hammer although we make lite of it.
    I give out Mulligans all the time to make it easier on new members that obviously failed to read the rules and dive in head 1st running amok with their hair on fire. If you guys sat in these seats you would see soooooo much more than what's on open forum.
    I grow weary of some of this crap to the point of letting someone else step in and lose their hair and get an ulcer.
    I give a new member every chance if they work with me. Come back at me like a petulant child wearing an adult meat suit and yes you will not enjoy the results.
    Now as to the membership.... There are a few that take this very seriously. And a few more that I have had to jack them up behind the scenes for this behavior.

A new member is to read and follow the rules. If they do it will most likely never make the front page. Start a thread because of some slight real or imaginary and this is the crap we get.

OK I have spoke my piece. I am out.

No you're not, there will always be someone who thinks they know better or should be accorded special privileges.
    There is no way I would ever be a mod and do your job.

In my best terminator voice "You'll be baack"!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Draw people in with the classifieds. Take their money to get early access to the classifieds. Whine when they just use the classifieds and aren't looking for friends. Ban them if they get snarky.

Sounds like a hell of a business model. I didn't go to Wharton or anything, but I think they call this a "bait-and-switch" in the business world.

What's a new member supposed to think?

:twocents:
    So, did you miss the part where HE STARTED A THREAD (this one) just to complain about people not wanting to do business with him?

The mods aren't putting members up to this, it isn't their fault

Some people just consider someone with his profile - only here to do deals, whinging with 9 posts because people aren't interested in playing his game and then gets fussy with a long time member who is simply telling him the truth followed by mouthing off to mods and other longtime members and all but calling for the hammer - and he only gets 30 days in the hole so redemption is still possible

Is it a problem for you because he is a kindred spirit?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, did you miss the part where HE STARTED A THREAD (this one) just to complain about people not wanting to do business with him?

The mods aren't putting members up to this, it isn't their fault

Some people just consider someone with his profile - only here to do deals, whinging with 9 posts because people aren't interested in playing his game and then gets fussy with a long time member who is simply telling him the truth followed by mouthing off to mods and other longtime members and all but calling for the hammer - and he only gets 30 days in the hole so redemption is still possible

Is it a problem for you because he is a kindred spirit?
    He as much as asked for it.
    So I as much as complied.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom