A different perspective on the Govt buying ammo.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I just heard this from my grandpa, who said someone called in on a radio station and said he had very good information on why the govt was buying ammo and now guns.

He said all around the US there are cells of Muslim extremists waiting to be activated. He said if Iran ever goes nuclear and America would have to do something, possibly drop our own bombs on Iran, that those cells would be activated to start chaos and destruction throughout the US. He said that the US govt knows of such cells and is preparing for such attacks.

Now I know what everyone is going to say about how reliable this info I heard is, but that's not the point.

Just something to think about, and something different from what you normally hear.

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I would not want to be of Muslim/middle eastern decent if cells were activated inside the US. Maybe that is why we need "assault weapons".

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    If the gov't needs the guns and ammo to protect themselves, it only makes sense that we also need guns and ammo to protect ourselves and our families.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    grahamsy2k;3832911He said all around the US there are cells of Muslim extremists waiting to be activated. He said if Iran ever goes nuclear and America would have to do something said:
    Without going into the validity of the source, why does anyone think that the US government need more guns to fight off extremist cells? It's not like US government entities are particularly poorly armed as it is. An extra few thousand rifles or few million rounds of ammo are a drop in the bucket if you're looking at the overall arms stockpile our government has access to.

dfranks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    If that were indeed the case then the government should be passing out ammo to all of the armed citizens. There are a whole lot more armed citizens that there are military. "A rifle behind every blade of grass" to quote Isoroku Yamamoto

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He said that the US govt knows of such cells and is preparing for such attacks.

This is no secret. DoJ has publicly said that they are aware of the Jihadi training camps here in the CONUS.

As to why the gov't is buying ammo (this is the silliness over DHS right?), do I REALLY have to post the ToO of DHS again? Really guys?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The government, police, and DHS use a lot of ammo every year. They do a lot of training, and the army sends a lot of lead down range in the sandbox. Not to mention they rotate ammo stocks out every now and then. A few million rounds is really not very much when you think of the yearly usage.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    I would bet alot of the ammo was purchased near the end of the fiscal year when .gov has to spend it or return it, and they never return it.

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I just heard this from my grandpa, who said someone called in on a radio station and said he had very good information on why the govt was buying ammo and now guns.

He said all around the US there are cells of Muslim extremists waiting to be activated. He said if Iran ever goes nuclear and America would have to do something, possibly drop our own bombs on Iran, that those cells would be activated to start chaos and destruction throughout the US. He said that the US govt knows of such cells and is preparing for such attacks.

Now I know what everyone is going to say about how reliable this info I heard is, but that's not the point.

Just something to think about, and something different from what you normally hear.

He's probably talking about this Terrorist Training Camps in the US | Military.com

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Let's see ,

Guberment imperialist expansion in places we have no business being in ,

global surveys where the good folks of the world want the US to go play in it's own back yard and " stop EFFING the world over " (thelisteningproject.com) ,

guberment buying ammo / weapons , bunker building materials and long term storage foods in quantities that inhibit / disrupt the " normal " civilian businesses that deal with those products ,

guberment demonizing civilian defense weapon ownership ,

ecosystems worldwide are in decline , wars and rumors of wars ,

unsecured borders that have allowed who knows into the country , states giving ILLEGAL foreigners drivers licenses ,

an economic fiat game that is nearing the end of it's course ,

a president / dictator that loves to see America in decline because the worse it gets , the closer he gets to his idealogical view of utopia ,

yeah , what could go wrong here . :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Muslim extremists are towards the bottom of my list of things to fear, along with being struck by lightning and being attacked by a shark

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If the gov't needs the guns and ammo to protect themselves, it only makes sense that we also need guns and ammo to protect ourselves and our families.

^^^ This! Nothing else matters. No circumstances will ever change the above fact!!! The government will always need weapons and so will we--at least until humans are genetically evolved to not fight and mental illness is eliminated.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    DHS should be passing out scissors to their people since they think that is how we should protect ourselves.:D

Absolutely not! Because then you would run with them and that would start a whole 6 month investigation into whether scissors are appropriate for the average American, along with "experts" testimony before Congress, Hollywood celebrities with inane commercials against scissors, Piers Morgan anti-scissors rants, anti-scissor marches in DC and so on. Do you really want to get that started?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I got 2 pair of scissors.. My wife has a pair of assault tactical scissors (they have a black grip).. I'm ready !

Before the panic buying started? What will you take for one pair?

Absolutely not! Because then you would run with them and that would start a whole 6 month investigation into whether scissors are appropriate for the average American, along with "experts" testimony before Congress, Hollywood celebrities with inane commercials against scissors, Piers Morgan anti-scissors rants, anti-scissor marches in DC and so on. Do you really want to get that started?

Someone needs to do a Demand A Plan video for scissor control.

Top Bottom