• Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Time flies but memories don't fade. :patriot:

9-11.png

This is a thread to share memories, pictures and stories. Not to talk about current or past politics, or conspiracy theories.
    Thank you.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Remember where I was when the first plane hit. Raiser Ford in Lafayette dropping off my 2000 Superduty for some warranty work. Thought what the heck. Then I heard the second one hit when I was on my way back to work, in front of the fairgrounds. Thought this is not a coincidence. At work that day they had news on the monitors. No work got done that day.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My oldest son had football practice that evening, the youth league back then had all of the teams practice in one large area, a field behind an elementary school, so there were a couple hundred people there. At one point, a jet, I would assume it was military, since air traffic had been halted, flew over from west to east and every person there, even the kids, stopped whatever they were doing and looked up at it until it was out of sight.

It was very eerie.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was reading an interview yesterday of the two pilots ordered to intercept flight 93. Reading their words, knowing what they had to do and the bravery of them deciding amongst themselves to do whatever was necessary filled the room with dust. As they said in the interview, that moment in history; them accepting the challenge and the heroes of flight 93 stepping up is everything that is right about the United States wrapped up in one brief moment in time.

Damn it's getting dusty again.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I was working at that time for a tiny company up in Carmel. We worked out of the principal’s basement, and there were only three of us. His wife came down and told him that we ought to turn on the little b/w tv he had down there, and we watched it from about the time the second plane hit until about 11:00. Then, oddly enough, we headed on to the glass plant in Lapel to do an energy audit…was really strange driving there and back with no vapor trails in the air.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I remember the full parking lots at churches everywhere.

I remember that for weeks after, traffic (what there was) would actually stop to let you on to the road and were courteous.

But I can also remember the gas stations all putting up higher prices on my way home from work...

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If you have not been to Ground Zero to see the memorial I highly recommend it.

I have driven by the one in Pennsylvania many times, but never stopped. I need to do that.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I was reading an interview yesterday of the two pilots ordered to intercept flight 93. Reading their words, knowing what they had to do and the bravery of them deciding amongst themselves to do whatever was necessary filled the room with dust. As they said in the interview, that moment in history; them accepting the challenge and the heroes of flight 93 stepping up is everything that is right about the United States wrapped up in one brief moment in time.

Damn it's getting dusty again.

'Our only choice was to ram it': Air Force pilots recall knowing they had launched a SUICIDE mission to bring down United 93 on 9/11 because there was no time to arm their jets before takeoff​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-suicide-mission-hijacked-Flight-93-9-11.html

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've never before or since felt so shocked, helpless, indignant and angry; all in one day. God bless all the heroes that sprang into action on 9/11 without one thought to their individual safety.

Reactions: OD*

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Worth a watch. Its rough, but some neat stories from firsthand accounts. And clear (to me at least) moments where God called to some, they listened when their gut said they shouldnt, and ended up surviving when others who didnt follow them perished.

Top Bottom