• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I just read a press release about 6.8 Western. I'm always excited when new calibers are developed, but what do you think about this one? Is it another one that will fall out of favor in a few years, or does it check boxes well enough that it'll be the new champ? While we're at it, what is the deal with so many calibers in the same neighborhood, and how does one become more popular than others? Specifically I mean 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5 grendel, 6.8 spc, etc.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Is it more, less or same power as 6.5 PRC?
    As I don't see that much apatite for another 6.5mm rifle round unless it equals or surpasses 6.5 PRC when the 6.5cm has already a cult like following and again just my opinion I doubt a cartridge company would risk its financial resources on a new 6.5 offering that didn't offer any ballistic advantages real or perceived over the wildly successful and popular 6.5cm
    I'm gonna guess and say it will be a ultra performance based 6.5 along the lines of a 26 Nosler or 6.5 x 300 Weatherby or essentially a 7mm STW necked down to 6.5 and the rim removed?
    Can one imagine 80-100+ grains of powder
    under a 150 grain VLD?

Last edited:

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    From the stats, it seems basically like the 270 wsm. Unless I'm missing something. My question is why? Trying to capitalize on the "6.8" momentum? My guess is that the release of a new round in the midst of an epic ammo shortage will prove to prevent this chambering from having any traction at all.

Top Bottom