• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Gonna try the mini shells? I've seen the federal and aguila both now. I think it was really smart of Mossberg to update and allow mini.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The 590s is all news to me. I've seen the mini shells and even have a box sitting on the shelf. It makes sense to do something that adds capacity, but since these shotguns are specific to the mini shells is there a way to run a 2 3/4 shell through them with an adapter rather than run a normal shotgun with the mini shell adapter?

I've been of the opinion that nothing on the planter talks back to a 12ga slug, and I've curious how the mini slugs stack up in terms of power and impact. Could you hunt deer with mini shell slugs?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Odd. Granted I didnt run many through it, but my 500 from the 80s seems to feed Aguila mini shells just fine.

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    I had a 590a1 with an adapter for mini shells that feed flawlessly it was my go to home defense bump in the night gun with mini #4 buck shot

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Very nice Mossberg model. The mix and match is intriguing as well.
    Kind of like making a self defense cocktail in your home gun.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks for posting that info. I had no idea this was really going to be a thing. I always figured the short shells were some sort of novelty, and now it looks like manufacturers are building guns to accommodate them. Maybe this will become the new industry standard. Either way, I'd love to have the versatility of a 12ga without all the recoil of regular shells.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I wonder if they will sell the parts to convert older 590s
    I had called about that before and one agent told me no, another told me it would be years before they think about it.

Opsol costs me 15$. Upgraded parts im imagining will be near 200+.

So ya. Not worth it for me lol

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I had called about that before and one agent told me no, another told me it would be years before they think about it.

Opsol costs me 15$. Upgraded parts im imagining will be near 200+.

So ya. Not worth it for me lol
    Agree 100% with this. Mini Clips range from $12-$20. When you want to shoot regular shells, just pop it out and go back at it. That said, if I was looking for a new 590, I probably would get the 590s for the versatility.
    I keep a couple of my Moosys loaded with Aguila Mini Slugs for HD. Love those things.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I'm looking for 12 gauge mini shells, #4 shot that don't hurt my wallet every time I buy them, but I don't shoot them much but they are fun. I have the Opsol adapter, it makes them 100% reliable.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have thought about the MCarbo spring set, but have not bought them yet. I have heard they are pretty nice though.
    I'm not convinced that after market spring sets are worth the expense or trouble on a pump shotgun and apparently neither does Wolff Gun Springs because they don't offer anything but extended ammo tube springs. So, there you have it.

Top Bottom