• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    HA...A (Full)#8 jug of H335 will load 2,240 rounds of 55gr. FMJ loads using the charge that I use..??
    I HOPE?? that you have more than 2,240 SR Primers??HA HA...Bill.

I used to. I've used most of them up over the past year, though. I'll admit I was somewhat under-prepared for the current situation, but I'm also not in a position to be able to afford to stock 50,000+ primers at all times, either.

I'm glad you felt the need to bring up a post from over a month and a half ago to laugh about it, though. Hopefully it brought some joy to your day.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I used to. I've used most of them up over the past year, though. I'll admit I was somewhat under-prepared for the current situation, but I'm also not in a position to be able to afford to stock 50,000+ primers at all times, either.

I'm glad you felt the need to bring up a post from over a month and a half ago to laugh about it, though. Hopefully it brought some joy to your day.
    No flame, or slam to you Bud.
    I really did not check your post date when I made the reply.
    And-YES-I will have joy to my day, as ALL days..Bill.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Now is not the time to be picky about what powder to use. Make a list of all the powder that will work for .223 and keep it handy while shopping.
    As to a recommended load, I would suggest doing a ladder test to see what your gun likes, then playing with the charge in ._ increments to find that node.
    When you settle on the charge weight play with the seating depth to really dial it in. just remember that Magazine length will limit your OAL
    From my old files: H335 was surplus Olin WC844 for full-charge loads in the .223 Remington and .308 Winchester. If you can find any of the Olin, and no 335, it's just another way.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    pm me & I'll send you photo lee .223 55gr.loads. carry on phone to any shop. buy what's available.

I traded my Ar for S&W 44 mag & bought a Savage .223

limiting my loads with ball powders since down to 200 SR mag primers....

for stick powders & reg. SR primers I use IMR4198, IMR3031, IMR 4895.

I also load for Savage .222 rem. using same powders with .35gr, 40gr, 45gr, 50gr & 55gr bullets; all shoot extremely well.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    H335 has given me exceptionally good accuracy with 55 match bullets. Plus it meters very consistently. Win. 748 also meters well. Other powders that have given me great results include H322 , Benchmark , VV N133 and Varget . Although stick powder Varget meters very inconsistently for me but I usually use it for 77 grain loads. I end up using the powder trickler.

Top Bottom