• ...and so much more!
  • model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I didn't see a '23 thread, so wanted to start off with the pair of Red Fox and three kits living in a sinkhole just 50 yards or so behind the house. I see them about all-day, everyday lately.

WGI_0119.JPG

Attachments

• WGI_0004.JPG
      WGI_0004.JPG
      826.2 KB · Views: 61
    • WGI_0043.JPG
      WGI_0043.JPG
      632.8 KB · Views: 53
    • WGI_0045.JPG
      WGI_0045.JPG
      739.2 KB · Views: 55
    • WGI_0084.JPG
      WGI_0084.JPG
      634.3 KB · Views: 54
    • WGI_0091.JPG
      WGI_0091.JPG
      520.3 KB · Views: 53
    • WGI_0117.JPG
      WGI_0117.JPG
      652.6 KB · Views: 52
    • WGI_0118.JPG
      WGI_0118.JPG
      653.8 KB · Views: 49
    • WGI_0120.JPG
      WGI_0120.JPG
      664.6 KB · Views: 59

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I didn't see a '23 thread, so wanted to start off with the pair of Red Fox and three kits living in a sinkhole just 50 yards or so behind the house. I see them about all-day, everyday lately.
    I think there is a 2023 thread but it has been some time since I've seen anyone post to it. Here's one from a couple of days ago in Owen county of a young doe that hangs around our place. We have at least 3, one has a fawn.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's a great shot! I can't seem to get a buck on any of my cameras. My neighbor says my cameras are too close to where we occupy often and they stay away because of our scent.
    This spot is at the farthest corner of my property. (Though the neighbors’ home is only about 250‘ away from this spot.)

I caught this one a few days ago. One of them looks like the same buck in the previous photo.

1689033392921.png

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    That's a great shot! I can't seem to get a buck on any of my cameras. My neighbor says my cameras are too close to where we occupy often and they stay away because of our scent.
    If that were so then they wouldn't be walking through everyone's back yards and gardens. We have them in our yard almost every morning when I walk out the back door at 4am

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The deer at my cabin smell my scent in the yard all the time. Doesn't bother them. If they smell it out back they go spastic. It's whatever they're used to.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I have a deer feeder set up in a valley where I hunt. The problem is the raccoons and the squirrels think it is their feeder.

It's gotten so bad both have figured out how to climb the tripod legs to get to the spinner plate on the feeder. So bad, in fact, they have actually chewed the wires to the solar panel I have that charges the 6 volt battery. In fact, one of those two varmints have actually pulled the 6 volt battery out of the plastic box. Somehow they unlatched the door and pulled the charger leads off !

I tried putting duct tape spiked with thumb tacks and exposed safety pins on the three legs. Didn't stop them.

Was thinking about a wire electric fence system but have no electricity to the area. I've looked at "systems" that could be battery powered - but they are kind of on the expensive side. Any suggestions on how to prevent the critters from getting to the corn spinner plate or where to get an electric fence system. EBay, Tractor supply, Harbor Freight, - -.

TIA

Attachments

• E36450EE-19FD-483F-BF39-A3D49AB629B7.jpeg
      E36450EE-19FD-483F-BF39-A3D49AB629B7.jpeg
      91 KB · Views: 19
    Last edited:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    To anyone that claims scent deters deer:

I can have a tree that's doing great until I prune it, touch it or trim around it... then deer will gnaw it to pieces. I've learned the more I leave them alone, the more they leave them alone.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have a deer feeder set up in a valley where I hunt. The problem is the raccoons and the squirrels think it is their feeder.

It's gotten so bad both have figured out how to climb the tripod legs to get to the spinner plate on the feeder. So bad, in fact, they have actually chewed the wires to the solar panel I have that charges the 6 volt battery. In fact, one of those two varmints have actually pulled the 6 volt battery out of the plastic box. Somehow they unlatched the door and pulled the charger leads off !

I tried putting duct tape spiked with thumb tacks and exposed safety pins on the three legs. Didn't stop them.

Was thinking about a wire electric fence system but have no electricity to the area. I've looked at "systems" that could be battery powered - but they are kind of on the expensive side. Any suggestions on how to prevent the critters from getting to the corn spinner plate or where to get an electric fence system. EBay, Tractor supply, Harbor Freight, - -.

TIA
    My kids bought me a feeder years ago that had a built in zapper. Wildgame Unlimited I believe. Natchez Shooters Supply.

Top Bottom