• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well we have the committees up on the House-side. Wendy McNamara :rolleyes: is still the Chair of the Courts and Criminal Code Committee (that's the one who hasn't called the "Fix Nantz v State/pointing a firearm is not deadly force" bill for a hearing even though it passed the Senate at least twice.) Committee includes one of the three House RINOs (Aylesworth) who voted against ConC.

Public Policy (where most gun-related bills go in the House): Ben Smaltz is no longer the Chair! This sucks, I think he runs hearings better than any Committee Chair in the place. He's now Chair of Rules and Legislative Procedures (zzzZZZZzzz...) Ethan Miller from 23rd District (his bio says he's an auctioneer, he should be interesting anyway) is now the Chair of Public Policy with Peggy Mayfield (solid 2A supporter) as Vice-Chair. This committee has a lot of pro-2A folks including Jim Lucas.

Speaking of Jim, he is now the Vice Chair of the Veterans Affairs and Public Safety Committee.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Aylesworth was my Rep before the redistricting. I am glad to be done with him. He is a RINO by pretty much any definition.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, this is the House Master Committee schedule. The calendars show Wednesdays as Committee Days, but this is a definite change.

Hopefully this will help de-conflict hearings on the Senate and House sides.

1671155246665.png

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It is 16 December: no bills yet :(

I took a look at the 2022 thread and this was the day the bills started showing up. Hopefully we'll see something before too long.

A couple bills I'm looking for: "Fix the Nantz v State 2002 decision/pointing a firearm is not deadly force" bill. This has passed the Senate at least twice, then never gotten a hearing in the House. Courts and Criminal Code Chair Wendy McNamara needs some encouragement IMHO. On the Senate side this will be in the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee, Aaron Freeman (solid 2A supporter/was there on the Senate floor for us with ConC) is now the Chair.

"Won't do business with gun-related individuals/businesses-the State of Indiana won't do business with you" bill is another that needs to get a hearing. Probably in the Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Usually that goes the other direction, Kelly.

They pass out (or die) and then turn Blue.
    Thanks for keeping me on the right path of the chronological steps of turning blue, Bill. Next you'll tell me I'm wrong about "eat your cake and have it too" :lmfao:

Back on the subject of this annual/sticky/legislative thread. It is good to see you back in these parts of the Internet Bill. You always bring good reasoning and analysis to the situation at hand.

We don't have bills yet, Bill. When we get bills, what will be Bill's bills? Will Bill's bill be to ban MBills?

I'm going to stop now... again it's good to see you around here.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Thanks for keeping me on the right path of the chronological steps of turning blue, Bill. Next you'll tell me I'm wrong about "eat your cake and have it too" :lmfao:

Back on the subject of this annual/sticky/legislative thread. It is good to see you back in these parts of the Internet Bill. You always bring good reasoning and analysis to the situation at hand.

We don't have bills yet, Bill. When we get bills, what will be Bill's bills? Will Bill's bill be to ban MBills?

I'm going to stop now... again it's good to see you around here.
    We REALLY need a groan emoji...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From my SUPER SECRET INSIDE SOURCE: looks like no bills will be posted until the session starts. :(

It takes me a while to read through these bills, don’t they know I’m from south of US-50? :lmfao:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Waiting for bills, would like to see bills.

Have a couple concerns from earlier today. Had somebody reach out concerning trying to sneak in legislation concerning private sales (remember the BS Communities Act changed the definition of "engaged in the business" to "makes a profit".)

On the way home I heard Guy subbing for Hammer on WIBC. He said Senator Tomes reached out to him concerning a bill to "fix" the red flag laws after "revolving door Ryan" managed to not do his job.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I honestly have 0 hope for anythi g worth while getting done for the good. Last year was a miracle that the constitutional carry got passed. Lighting doesn't strike twice for positive things in indiana.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Bottom