• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Took a doe this afternoon, likely done for the season. However, this growth was on her inner thigh. I assumed it was fibroma, but doesn't look like the pictures I see. It is about goofball sized. Only attached to skin, meat underneath looks normal. Any thoughts on what this is?
    It has Fibromialgia and is trying to get on disability. Probably to get bags of fudge rounds....LOL

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    PSA for Hamilton County...if you are the guy I talked to who was tracking just west of Hinkle Creek on 216th tonight, I hope you got it loaded up before dark! I'm the guy in the truck with the mouthy dog who found it... :):

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Didn’t want to start a new thread but thought this about deer in PA is nuts! Saw a clip on you tube and did a quick search. Here in Indiana you find a dead head you call DNR and get a permit. Same in PA except to keep the dead head it’s $10 a point you have to pay to keep it! So a 10 pt would cost you $100 !!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Didn’t want to start a new thread but thought this about deer in PA is nuts! Saw a clip on you tube and did a quick search. Here in Indiana you find a dead head you call DNR and get a permit. Same in PA except to keep the dead head it’s $10 a point you have to pay to keep it! So a 10 pt would cost you $100 !!!!

I'm curious when the head becomes a shed. I find skulls in bone piles every now and then when shed hunting, but the horns are usually chewed up by squirrels.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm curious when the head becomes a shed. I find skulls in bone piles every now and then when shed hunting, but the horns are usually chewed up by squirrels.
    I believe it’s said if antlers are attached to the skull it’s a dead head. Only if antlers off the skull are sheds.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    That has to be in place as a deterrent to keep people from bothering DNR to come give a guy permit to keep it. A real waste of time. I'll just take my chances. If you outlaw deadheads, only outlaws will have deadheads.........or something like that.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    That's ignorant.

I have dozens of dead heads, I asked the CO if I needed to get permits for them and he said, "no, common sense tells me these were found in woods, if you have dead heads with fur attached hanging from a clothes line in full view, you might have some explanations to make.".

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    That's ignorant.

I have dozens of dead heads, I asked the CO if I needed to get permits for them and he said, "no, common sense tells me these were found in woods, if you have dead heads with fur attached hanging from a clothes line in full view, you might have some explanations to make.".
    I have info from past years and on forums where IDNR were saying different things on this but then stated a permit is required. However I have never found one to find out. So after reading your statement I contacted a retired CO who I’m friends with, really good guy. He just told me that no permit is required for a dead head found. So I’m going with that. Maybe in years past they had it but obviously not any longer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did someone say dead head? :pimp:

iu

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I got to thinking today, this season I didn't shoot a deer with my bow. Last time was 2005 when I was building my house. I know I have a couple days left, but I'm not going. 18year streak busted!!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I got to thinking today, this season I didn't shoot a deer with my bow. Last time was 2005 when I was building my house. I know I have a couple days left, but I'm not going. 18year streak busted!!
    Don’t give up so easily

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Did you all get Bambi in the freezer?

While deer isn't my thing, its about time for my yearly participation in a Texas Hog Eradication...

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Just got my firearms buck back from the butcher. Or somebody's buck. Called to see why it wasn't done yet and was told another month. Got a call the next day to pick it up.
    Need to find another butcher that will give me my deer, including burger, etc.

Top Bottom