celebration-celebrate.gif

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    OK, now fill Governor Holcomb's in basket and phone lines with instructions to sign HB1296!

Governor Eric Holcomb
    State House Room 206
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2797
    Phone: 317/232-4567
    Fax: 317/232-3443

I will make sure one goes out tonight, so it is waiting on his staff's desk in the morning.

ETA:

"Governor Eric Holcomb​
    State House Room 206​
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2797​
    Phone: 317/232-4567​
    Fax: 317/232-3443​
    Governor Holcomb,​
    The Indiana Senate has, surprisingly, done the correct thing and passed HB 1296 containing the provisions of HB 1077. Though I am disgusted and disappointed with the members of the Indiana State Republican Party regarding their deceitful and anti-Constitutional behavior in the Senate, in the end they did vote to send HB 1296 to you.​
    I have traditionally and primarily voted for Republican Party candidates as the Republican Party platform and many associated candidates were those options which were closest to my ideals. The actions of yourself, through your staff member Superintendent Carter, and multiple Republican Senators demonstrated an utter lack of respect for their constituents the Constitution and the Republican Party Platform.​
    As a reminder, the Republican Party Platform states the following regarding the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States “...We support constitutional carry statutes and salute the states that have passed them.”. If you or other citizens of Indiana are going to run under the banner of the Republican Party, then the electorate has a reasonable expectation that you will adhere to the Party Platform. Actions to the contrary are simply and objectively intentional deceit of the voters of this State.​
    I am primarily a constitutionalist, who understands well this Nation is a Republic of Republics, where the people retain authority and power through their elected representatives. I expect, and indeed require, that those who represent me first adhere to the oath they took to the Constitution, and second to NOT subvert those documents. Those speaking on behalf of the State, such as Superintendent Carter, or on behalf of organizations should be accorded only a fraction the attention given to the people speaking as citizens to their elected representatives. Organizations do not vote, citizens vote!​
    It is now time for you to show that you ACTUALLY support the Republican Party Platform, and will ACT in accordance with your oath to the Constitution. Sign Constitutional / Permitless carry legislation HB 1296!​
    Indiana and the Indiana State Republican Party are reaching a crossroads, and need to take action to retain my vote for candidates supported by the Republican Party. Those candidates running under the Republican Party banner need to not only say the right things, they must demonstrate those behaviors by their actions and votes once elected. Multiple current sitting members of the Indiana Senate Judiciary committee have already demonstrated they do not deserve my vote. A veto of Constitutional carry on your part will confirm beyond redemption that you are unfit to hold further office in this State.
    The Indiana State Republican Party should endeavor to support only those who will honor their oath and legislate only within the confines and upon the principles of the Constitutions of Indiana and these United States. Prove you are worthy to be supported by the Republican Party and voters who support it's platform."​
    ETA2: FAX sent, result "OK". It will be waiting on the Governor's lacky in the morning. Come on ladies and gentlemen, run that thing out of paper by O dark 30!

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Can he veto it late enough to prevent them from voting to override his veto?
    If I remember right. Even if he Vetos it late like that, the lawmakers can come back next year and over ride the veto.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, my dire prediction of this bill fading away, made just this morning, proved to be completely untrue. Way to have some balls and stand up for citizens’ rights. I don’t care how they got it done. Playing nice wouldn’t have gotten these results. Thanks to everyone who kept the pressure on. This is a victory for every one of us, but more importantly, justice has been upheld. Justice should always prevail. Everyone be polite but firm with the Governor. We’re one step away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom