jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    You're not alone in the confusion.

The fact that we can be this confused by the goings on in the legislature is a problem all its own. Situations like this prove how bad it really is.
    I called Senator Bray, didn't get Kayla, but rather a young gentleman. Left a message to encourage the passage of the language of HB 1077 regardless of which Senate bill it might be inserted into along with a reminder that if the language is not brought to a vote it will be considered admission that none of the Senate Republicans supported the bill.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    https://www.thecentersquare.com/ind...6HRzgfIg_ntwh0QVEbkpwAr-OHMHfKTGNa2dd8kVKwjj0

Hoosier Gun Rights seems to think it'll go for a vote today.

EDIT: There has been a new development per HGR
    "
    UPDATE:
    The General Assembly has called an Audible!
    The Constitutional Carry language passed by the House in January is no longer in SB 209 and will instead be placed in HB 1296, per Capitol insiders.
    The bill is planned to be voted on by both the House and the Senate this afternoon as the General Assembly is aiming to end session for the year following today.
    "
    Isn’t Will Fite the guy who got ejected by Senator Brown during the marathon Judiciary Committee meeting?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    The strategy needs to be to keep our GOP majority, but scare the leadership by putting a few more dems in office for a couple of years.

What? BoR saying to vote Democrat? Let's be honest here: If you have a choice between Tim Lanane or Elizabeth Brown in the Senate for your district, when it comes to guns, what's the difference? Neither one is going to vote for your gun rights! Now, if you have a way to put another Jim Lucas or another Eric Koch in office, absolutely do so, and we don't put enough Dems in office to swing the chamber majority, of course, but I think that a few in Indianapolis have gotten FAR too comfortable with the GOP supermajority, and we need to shake them up, make them realize that we ARE a voting bloc and we will NOT keep voting them in.

And we need to keep our promise, too: Eric Holcomb is leaving office, never to return. Not as Senator, not as city council, not as a goat-humping dogcatcher, if I have anything at all to say about it.

In 2016, I was not sure about Trump. I didn't like his public personality, I didn't know what he'd do in office. But I knew that that election was either going to end with President Trump or a second officeholder named Clinton. The ONLY way to keep her from sitting at the Resolute Desk was to vote him in to do so instead. Any other vote would put her in as President. That option was not acceptable to me. I was wildly pleased with Mr. Trump's performance as President, and I still don't like his public personality, but I would happily vote him into office again. I tried, and given the chance, I will do so again.

Mr. Holcomb is not suited to public office. He actively fought against the will of the People, and against the rights of Hoosiers. He violated his oath, and I will not trust him in any way, ever again. If the only way to keep him out is to vote in a Dem, I will hold my nose and vote in a Dem. If there is another option, I will happily listen to it.

Because even if the choice is Beto O'Rourke vs. Eric Holcomb..... When it comes to the 2A, what is the real difference?

Holcomb can't skateboard.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I think we've just got a plain disagreement on this. The point is to make them realize that they don't represent our values and force them to lose an election, so why would we give them the datapoint that says that the other side of the aisle deserves our votes instead. In my opinion, it's better to have third parties/write-ins to make them lose the election than to shift the window to the other side.

While I understand how the choice is binary at the presidential level at this time, the fact that it's so binary even at the state level for say IN and NJ gives more reason to deviate and take the gamble to shift the window in our preferred direction. My 2020 (and 2016 vote for that matter) wouldn't've changed the result for the state of Indiana, but if more people were willing to gamble, we'd at least get better debates than the same insincere talking points with no follow-up.

We agree on Holcomb, and I'd even gamble that Indiana voting in a Democrat to spite Holcomb might be a better long-term solution for gun rights just to prevent Holcomb's bull from getting into a momentum in Washington, but I believe we need to put our votes in the direction of our values (perhaps it's a bit naive for Holcomb's possible senate run, but why would we push the conversation in the other direction). If we're going to lose an election to someone on the other side, it should be because the Republicans aren't representing our values for individual rights, not because we voted for some collectivist garbage.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Lanane is such a piece of ****. "We have the expertise," but they literally don't know the current law on it. This bill isn't about minors, Melton.

:facepalm:

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Glick voted to strip and replace but sits here and rejects it again on the false pretense.

Crider basically summed it up for me. "This is bad form, but I approve of the new bill."

They seem to be having some off-camera moment. Hopefully this isn't the end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom