• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Still stupid you would have to be 21 to just carry without a license.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Still stupid you would have to be 21 to just carry.
    I agree, but if we can get the ConC ball in the end zone we can fix the 18-21 later.

As I noted yesterday:

Is this Constitutional Carry of Handguns? Here's the short version: Yes*. There is an asterisk because if you are over 18 but less than 21, you must have a LTCH to lawfully carry a handgun (existing exceptions for on your property, at a range, in training, permission of the property owner still apply.) The term "limited carrier" now covers this plus transporting unloaded, in a case if you have no LTCH and are under 21.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I need to look at this one again (SB 19, Mike Gaskill) The bill adds IG-types to LEOs et al for enhancements.

Federal IG Investigators are Fed-LEO-types. My question is, which IG is he talking about.

Sentence enhancement for use of firearm. Adds the inspector general or an investigator for the inspector general to the definition of "police officer" for purposes of the statute providing a sentence enhancement for individuals who point or discharge a firearm at a police officer while committing certain crimes.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm just expecting the rinos to get swifty.
    Just reading between the lines, there are a few things at work here. I haven’t compared this year senate bill 14 to last year‘s House Bill 1369 to see if there is any meaningful difference other than what I noticed. For one thing I don’t hate myself that much. Another, I think what is that work here is the Senate wanted to bring it forward. I think that in any organization there Is such a divide between different factions, that one side could never admit they agree with the other. I saw this with numbered air forces when I was in the Air Force, and I don’t think the people at 200 W. Washington St. are in a different.

The second author on Senate Bill 14 is the same person who wouldn’t call it for a hearing when House Bill 1369 came over last year. The first name as author, is a staunch second amendment supporter.

If I had to guess, this is a move to have the Senate introduce it, and not have gun owners openly supporting whoever is running in the primary against Liz Brown in the spring of 2022.

Everything is political, especially in politics.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Guy confirmed the alcohol/drug abuse language that mirrors the current LTCH requirements was in HB1369 last year.

It looks like the must be over 21 requirement is the only difference between last year’s 1369 and this year’s 14. Except for changing reciprocity license to optional license (changed happy to glad)

I’ll dust off the 1369 support email from last year and change happy to glad on it and call it SB 14 when I’m at my computer.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Dusted off and ready to go. Please feel free to copy/paste/edit/change happy to glad/add and or subtract/just remember to replace name, address, phone number with your name, your address, and your phone number.

The link is to the Senate Judiciary committee. Click the name of the member, copy their email address to the email you are sending. This works different on the House side (it is sent through the site vice your own email.)

Senator,

I am writing to urge your support of SB 14, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Senators Tomes, Brown, and Doriot.

This bill codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

SB 14 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

As Hamilton County Sheriff Dennis Quakenbush stated in testimony supporting this type of legislation, “Calling 911 shouldn’t be Plan A for your self-defense.” The essential right of self-defense does not stop at the property line. I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I received an interesting mailer from Hoosier Gun Rights today. While I want to have positive thoughts about any second amendment friendly organization, I'm still not sure about them. Interestingly the mailer contained not only a letter but orange postcards pre-addressed to my senator as well a a selection of Representatives, along with the governor and the speaker of the House.

PXL_20211227_174037561.jpg

PXL_20211227_174059075.jpg

I think I'll just stick with KellyinAvon's prose for now.

Feed back appreciated.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Allows certain persons who are at least 21 years of age to possess or carry a handgun without a license unless the person fits into one of several categories, including a person who: (1) has been convicted of, or arrested for, specified crimes or delinquent offenses;
    What is this nonsense of being restricted for being arrested for a crime or delinquent offense?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I received an interesting mailer from Hoosier Gun Rights today. While I want to have positive thoughts about any second amendment friendly organization, I'm still not sure about them. Interestingly the mailer contained not only a letter but orange postcards pre-addressed to my senator as well a a selection of Representatives, along with the governor and the speaker of the House.

View attachment 173086

View attachment 173088

I think I'll just stick with KellyinAvon's prose for now.

Feed back appreciated.
    When I see Nisley’s name A flag goes up, and not a good one. This must be a subgroup of NAGR, Who are a part of the problem.

More to follow

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like a few more bills on the Senate side. A couple with low numbers appear to address violent crime and low bail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom