Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What the hell ended up happening? Crap put me to sleep.

Sen Tomes requested the bill be recommitted, as best I could tell, probably sensing it was going to be voted down, and Sen. Brown agreed to let him do it. No vote today, which is smart politics given the crap she was pulling. This gives him and our side time to do some educating and get some of our less-firearms-knowledgeable Senators back on our side of this bill.

Presuming she lets it come up for a vote.

I was able to speak to Dr Lott afterwards and passed along thanks from Indiana Gun Owners (an online community with over 48,000 members)

Thank you, good sir.

I will be there to hand out flyers under the pop-up tent outside of Wal-Mart and/or gun ranges.

She needs to be primaried, and if we're doing Christmas wish lists, I want it to be by someone no one has ever heard of, who will absolutely SMOKE her in the election.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This ain't over. I'm not in the loop on political stuff at 200 W Washington Street, but this ain't over.

In post #300 I stated "I will be there to hand out flyers under the pop-up tent outside of Wal-Mart and/or gun ranges." I guess I'll get my chance.

Oh, and old Russ McQuaid didn't show up until almost all the "support" speakers were done. At least he wasn't wearing the stupid hat.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I spent my pre-work morning hours writing to the committee members, with special attention to Senator Brown.

I pointed out the hypocrisy of Prosecutor Mears comments, as well as the desire for a vote, so the Nay's could be identified.

I am more than a little disgusted by our "representatives". You would think after being called out for the shenanigans in the Senate Republican caucus last year, they would have been a little more forthright.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Mears. “Right now, as we sit here today in Marion County, there are 1,300 cases of individuals who are either charged with A misdemeanor carrying a handgun without a license or a level 5 felony of carrying a handgun without a license and those 1,300 cases represent 1,300 guns that were taken off the streets that are not only in our community but now we have the ability to test those firearms and link them to violent cases.”

This is from a Fox 59 article posted last night. Do we know if those charged with misdemeanors were guilty of nothing more than just that; possession a handgun by an otherwise allowed person? If so does anyone know how aggressively Mr. 'revolving door' is pursuing these cases?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    This is from a Fox 59 article posted last night. Do we know if those charged with misdemeanors were guilty of nothing more than just that; possession a handgun by an otherwise allowed person? If so does anyone know how aggressively Mr. 'revolving door' is pursuing these cases?

I don't believe we will ever know how many are meaningful charges in Marion County.

This is what I wrote this morning. If someone with more time and / or resources than I can put some numbers to Mr. Mears statements, then all the better to fill in the blanks.

"Senator Brown,​
    To state that the conduct of the Judiciary Committee hearing on SB 14 was a disappointment to this voter, is a vast understatement.​
    To end the testimony with those who oppose a Right guaranteed in both the United States and Indiana Constitutions was offensive.​
    Worse, was to listen to Prosecutor Mears lie. Quite simply what he described in his "need" for law abiding citizens to have an LTCH was no less than a description of Prosecutorial abuse. NO a lawful citizen should NOT be required to obtain a permission slip to exercise a Constitutionally protected Right. If a citizen has committed a crime, no ethical Prosecutor should NEED the charge of carrying a handgun without a permit.​
    Keep in mind that Prosecutor Mears office is the same organization who failed to do their job in a timely manner, allowing the FedEx shooter to retain his firearms. Prosecutor Mears office is absolutely complicit in the homicide rate and violence in Indianapolis by his failure to fully prosecute violent individuals. Further, his office has been complicit in allowing violent felons to return to the streets of our Capital by NOT fighting for appropriate bail and pretrial incarceration.​
    SB 14 should be passed easily by any elected official who takes their oath seriously. Do YOU?​
    Indiana's Senate Republicans, after the sleazy manner in which similar legislation was killed last year, would do well to not repeat the error this year. At least this time, we the voting public should be able to identify the guilty parties.​
    I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation. "​
    Using the "carrying without a permit" prosecution when no other crime exists is literally the embodiement of Lavrentiy Beria's mentality.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Senator Brown needs to clearly understand that she will be primaried. Shame, shame, shame.
    If my calculations are correct, she is up for election this year, so the primary is in May. That doesn’t leave much time and it will take money. Who is in that area ready to run? Read more about Liz:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Everyone needs to flood the Republican Party with calls to get someone to to replace Brown.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How is it a democracy one ******* can have so much influence?
    What about local school boards? It’s long past time we know their party affiliation. They’re screaming bloody murder about us knowing that so I guess we have to do our own research, sus them out and eradicate them from being in a position of indoctrinating our children. Look them up on social media, they can’t help themselves when it comes to saying who they are. Vote them out, even if our legislature can’t force them to tell us who they are.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Everyone needs to flood the Republican Party with calls to get someone to to replace Brown.

Sometime later I'm post some bullet points (no pun intended) that can be used if you want to call and let the Indiana GOP know that one of their members is actively subverting legislation that supports both 2A and Indiana Constitution Article 1 Section 32.

Link below to the archived video from the 19th (just got posted.) SB 14 begins at the 1:35:07 point. With the video up a while the statement, "after reviewing the video, Senator Brown's conduct is much worse than I thought possible" much more impactful.

I haven't scrolled through it yet. After Senator Tomes introduces the bill it went: Dr Lott, Tamara Watson, John Weber from NRA, me, then the NAGR and HGR clowns. Guy went 2nd to last, Steve Fisher (not the former NFL coach, had a The 2A Project lapel pin and a Wyatt Earp 'stache) went last for support.

Antis included the communist (not the hipster, this was a red shirt/mad mom commie) and batting lead off was the "without licenses, gun owners won't know about safe storage since ISP sends that in the envelope" you can't make this **** up.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I faxed my displeasure regarding Sen. Brown's handing of SB 14 to the Indiana State Republican Party. I figure with a FAX it can be passed around the office.

I'm sure for most of the wannabe professional political class in the building it will just get a chuckle, but with luck it will also cross someones desk who recognizes it represents displeasure with performance from a nominally supportive voting block.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    [2A LEGISLATION ACTION ALERT SOUNDER!!!]

OK INGO, we are turning up the heat. This is one front on a multi-front campaign. Time to fill up some inboxes.

Email Senate President Pro Tempore Bray and your State Senator tonight. Hit reply to all and send tomorrow. Hit reply to all and send again Sunday. Hit reply to all and send again Monday.

Subject line: ASSIGN HB 1077 FIREARMS MATTERS TO THE CORRECTIONS AND CRIMINAL LAW COMMITTEE AND GIVE IT A HEARING

Senator(s),
    I am writing to urge your support of HB 1077, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Lucas, Snow, Carbaugh, Lindauer, Engleman, Gutwein, Wesco, Teshka, May, Behning, Heaton, Frye, Mayfield, Hostettler, Jeter, Judy, Abbott, Lauer, Barrett, Leonard, Cook, Davis, Ledbetter, VanNatter, Heine, Manning, Davisson, Payne, and Borders. HB 1077 is sponsored by Senators Koch, Tomes, Houchin, and Messmer.

After what happened this week in the Senate Judiciary Committee with the Senate Bill 14 (Firearms Matters) hearing, HB 1077 (a bill which overwhelmingly passed the House) must be assigned to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee in order to receive a fair hearing.

HB 1077 codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

HB 1077 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with Constitutional Carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Email

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    [2A LEGISLATION ACTION ALERT SOUNDER!!!]

OK INGO, we are turning up the heat. This is one front on a multi-front campaign. Time to fill up some inboxes.

Email Senate President Pro Tempore Bray and your State Senator tonight. Hit reply to all and send tomorrow. Hit reply to all and send again Sunday. Hit reply to all and send again Monday.

Subject line: ASSIGN HB 1077 TO THE CORRECTIONS AND CRIMINAL LAW COMMITTEE AND GIVE IT A HEARING

Senator(s),
    I am writing to urge your support of HB 1077, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Lucas, Snow, Carbaugh, Lindauer, Engleman, Gutwein, Wesco, Teshka, May, Behning, Heaton, Frye, Mayfield, Hostettler, Jeter, Judy, Abbott, Lauer, Barrett, Leonard, Cook, Davis, Ledbetter, VanNatter, Heine, Manning, Davisson, Payne, and Borders. HB 1077 is sponsored by Senators Koch, Tomes, Houchin, and Messmer.

After what happened this week in the Senate Judiciary Committee with the Senate Bill 14 (Firearms Matters) hearing, HB 1077 (a bill which overwhelmingly passed the House) must be assigned to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee in order to receive a fair hearing.

HB 1077 codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

HB 1077 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with Constitutional Carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Email
    Is HB 1077 called Firearms Matter also?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom