• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Liz Brown hasn’t had a primary opponent since her initial run in 2014. Her campaign funds generally don’t exceed $50K for both the primary and general elections. Again, filing for candidacy is February 4th. INGO can start a grass roots effort if a candidate worth supporting is found.

Does anyone from the Ft.Wayne area know if someone is running against her in the primary? What do we know about Ken Fries? He was a close second in the 2014 primary, former Sheriff and current county councilman. If he is strong 2A he is worth supporting.

8878054D-C59E-442E-999A-CC8FB3098AB0.jpeg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Liz Brown hasn’t had a primary opponent since her initial run in 2014. Her campaign funds generally don’t exceed $50K for both the primary and general elections. Again, filing for candidacy is February 4th. INGO can start a grass roots effort if a candidate worth supporting is found.

Does anyone from the Ft.Wayne area know if someone is running against her in the primary? What do we know about Ken Fries? He was a close second in the 2014 primary, former Sheriff and current county councilman. If he is strong 2A he is worth supporting.

View attachment 177356
    He needs a nickname with a name like "Fries".

Seriously, somebody should be waiting in the wings for this district.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Everyone needs to flood the Republican Party with calls to get someone to to replace Brown.

Here are some bullet points. I think I'll call the number now.

Senator Liz Brown ran for the State Senate as someone who supports the 2nd Amendment

In 2021, Judiciary Committee Chair Senator Liz Brown refused to give HB 1369 (Lawful Carry) a hearing even though it overwhelmingly passed the House.

In 2022, Judiciary Committee Chair Senator Liz Brown, who is listed as an author of SB 14 (Firearms Matters), went out of her way to sabotage this bill in committee hearing, in her own committee.

Senator Liz Brown does not support the 2nd Amendment, Article 1 Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution, or the people of the State of Indiana

If a Democrat is elected Senator in District 15 in November? At least they won’t be a committee chair stopping legislation that supports the 2nd Amendment, Article 1 Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution, and the people of the Great State of Indiana.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok so apparently T2AP has evidence to indicate that the source of opposition to Constitutional Carry is not Downtown Lizzy Brown nor the Bray-ing Wanna-be donkey, but none other than Eric Holcomb himself. I have dispatched my thoughts to his office (and I was even polite about it!)
    But if he is the source of the problem, he needs to know we have long memories to accompany our long fuses.
    If indeed he is behind the opposition, we need to ensure this is his last elected office. Ever.

Ergo, to quote the Bard of Stratford-Upon-Avon: “cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war!”….. politically speaking, of course

Sic ‘im, INGO!!!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    We cannot get our supposed 2nd amendment supporting legicritters to vote for SB14, and Iowans are doing this.

kwwl.com: Second Amendment Preservation Act passes out of Judiciary Subcommittee.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ok so apparently T2AP has evidence to indicate that the source of opposition to Constitutional Carry is not Downtown Lizzy Brown nor the Bray-ing Wanna-be donkey, but none other than Eric Holcomb himself. I have dispatched my thoughts to his office (and I was even polite about it!)
    But if he is the source of the problem, he needs to know we have long memories to accompany our long fuses.
    If indeed he is behind the opposition, we need to ensure this is his last elected office. Ever.

Ergo, to quote the Bard of Stratford-Upon-Avon: “cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war!”….. politically speaking, of course

Sic ‘im, INGO!!!
    So why would the State Senators be that compliant with Gov Shlocum's desires?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Sic ‘im, INGO!!!
    :ingo:
    :patriot: :rockwoot:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    [2A LEGISLATION ACTION ALERT SOUNDER!!!]

OK INGO, we are turning up the heat. This is one front on a multi-front campaign. Time to fill up some inboxes.

Email Senate President Pro Tempore Bray and your State Senator tonight. Hit reply to all and send tomorrow. Hit reply to all and send again Sunday. Hit reply to all and send again Monday.

Subject line: ASSIGN HB 1077 FIREARMS MATTERS TO THE CORRECTIONS AND CRIMINAL LAW COMMITTEE AND GIVE IT A HEARING

Senator(s),
    I am writing to urge your support of HB 1077, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Lucas, Snow, Carbaugh, Lindauer, Engleman, Gutwein, Wesco, Teshka, May, Behning, Heaton, Frye, Mayfield, Hostettler, Jeter, Judy, Abbott, Lauer, Barrett, Leonard, Cook, Davis, Ledbetter, VanNatter, Heine, Manning, Davisson, Payne, and Borders. HB 1077 is sponsored by Senators Koch, Tomes, Houchin, and Messmer.

After what happened this week in the Senate Judiciary Committee with the Senate Bill 14 (Firearms Matters) hearing, HB 1077 (a bill which overwhelmingly passed the House) must be assigned to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee in order to receive a fair hearing.

HB 1077 codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

HB 1077 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with Constitutional Carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Email
    Saturday bump: Already sent it? Find it in your sent items and hit reply to all. Delete "Re:" out of the subject. Delete what it put in at the top on a reply (automatic on replies in Outlook and Yahoo email) bringing the "Senator(s)" to the top of the email. Hit send.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Here are some bullet points. I think I'll call the number now.

Senator Liz Brown ran for the State Senate as someone who supports the 2nd Amendment

In 2021, Judiciary Committee Chair Senator Liz Brown refused to give HB 1369 (Lawful Carry) a hearing even though it overwhelmingly passed the House.

In 2022, Judiciary Committee Chair Senator Liz Brown, who is listed as an author of SB 14 (Firearms Matters), went out of her way to sabotage this bill in committee hearing, in her own committee.

Senator Liz Brown does not support the 2nd Amendment, Article 1 Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution, or the people of the State of Indiana

If a Democrat is elected Senator in District 15 in November? At least they won’t be a committee chair stopping legislation that supports the 2nd Amendment, Article 1 Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution, and the people of the Great State of Indiana.

I came from Illinois two years ago where this type of crap is commonplace, I certainly did not expect this here in Indiana. It has been many years since I have voted for a democrat and never thought I would ever vote for one again in my lifetime. As much disgust as I have for liberal democrats it is overshadowed by my hate of RINOS. At least if you are represented by a democrat you pretty much know what you have.
    I promise you all I did not come here to vote in a democrat for anything but I will do so to get rid of a RINO. Several years ago we had RINOs not only vote for a bill that closed over half of the FFLs in the state, a couple even stood up in the house and spoke for the bill. Illinois gun owners helped to get them primaried and a couple ended up gone and the ones that held on still had to spend more campaign money.
    The longer I see Holcomb the less I care for him, he is certainly not a good republican governor. I will admit at first he was a welcome breath of fresh air after having fat boy liberal pritzger. I will also let him know how I feel about RINOs especially when it concerns the 2A and how long my memory is. I have always been a one issue voter valuing the 2A above all other issues. Jim.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Have some time points for the linked video below. The HB 1077 hearing was in the House Chambers so I was able to scribble notes sitting at a desk. No such thing in room 130 as you can see.

1:35:00 is when Senator Tomes introduces the bill. That's 1 hour and 35 minutes of RV/agri-tourism, prosecutor's slush fund, and electronic title and deed bills you can fast forward through.

Support:

1:41:45 Dr John Lott: Crime Prevention Research Center President and author of "More Guns, Less Crime". Dr Lott is the stereotype for college Economics professors I swear.

2:08:55 Tamara Watson: retired State Trooper, self-defense instructor. Pretty much the exact opposite of Dr Lott

2:19:40 John Weber: NRA Lobbyist for this region (replaced Chris Kopacki who is now #2 in NRA-ILA.) The questions at the end here are when flags started going up concerning the soon to be unemployed Liz Brown.

2:29:00 Me: Random dude from Hendricks County. Same stats as my 1077 testimony. Had a different version going in: half the stats, then cover several recent pro-2A laws passed in Indiana. Hook line: "How are these laws working out for us?" Then I ran into Guy in the hall and he pretty much said "BRING THE STATS!! DOUG CARTER IS HERE!!" so I did. I got asked a question by Senator Randolph (you know my views on him...) (I hadn't been asked a question since 2019 and that was when I caused the now-late Dan Forestall to have a conniption because his premise was wrong. Jim Lucas asked me a question once, ages ago.) Old Lonnie really didn't have a question, more of a rambling stream of consciousness. He was polite so I was too.

2:35:40 Brendon (where's my etoufee??) Budreau from NAGR. I think I posted **** NAGR during the hearing. Nuff said.

2:39:00 Will Fite (sounds dangerous) from HGR. See previous sentence.

2:41:40 Chad Hiltunin (son of Charlie "Peace Out" Hiltunin) from ISRPA (Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association.) Hiltunen the Younger read from the same script: "I'm from ISRPA and we rise in support of this bill! Peace out." Hiltunen the Elder did testify for the electronic land title bill: "I'm from the Land/Title Association and we rise in support of this bill! Peace out." I added the "peace out" because it's funny.

2:42:50 Rod Converse from Fort Wayne (random dude from Allen County?) Also spoke in support of HB 1077.

2:50:30 Guy Relford. If you want to see a pro at work, fast forward to 2:50:30

3:11:30 Paul Fisher (not Steve as I posted earlier. Leave me alone I'M OLD!!) Spoke very well, awesome Wyatt Earp mustache.

Now the parade of antis:

3:14:20 also anti at 1077. Thinks without safe storage handout that comes with LTCH we'll leave them loaded in the kid's crib.

3:19:15 Red shirt anti/seen her before. Rachel Gulliomous maybe? This person is a communist. Don't believe me? Listen to what she says.

I'll try to find ISP Superintendent Carter's testimony. If somebody spots it drop the time point.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

OK INGO, we are turning up the heat. This is one front on a multi-front campaign. Time to fill up some inboxes.

Email Senate President Pro Tempore Bray and your State Senator tonight. Hit reply to all and send tomorrow. Hit reply to all and send again Sunday. Hit reply to all and send again Monday.

Subject line: ASSIGN HB 1077 FIREARMS MATTERS TO THE CORRECTIONS AND CRIMINAL LAW COMMITTEE AND GIVE IT A HEARING

Senator(s),
    I am writing to urge your support of HB 1077, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Lucas, Snow, Carbaugh, Lindauer, Engleman, Gutwein, Wesco, Teshka, May, Behning, Heaton, Frye, Mayfield, Hostettler, Jeter, Judy, Abbott, Lauer, Barrett, Leonard, Cook, Davis, Ledbetter, VanNatter, Heine, Manning, Davisson, Payne, and Borders. HB 1077 is sponsored by Senators Koch, Tomes, Houchin, and Messmer.

After what happened this week in the Senate Judiciary Committee with the Senate Bill 14 (Firearms Matters) hearing, HB 1077 (a bill which overwhelmingly passed the House) must be assigned to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee in order to receive a fair hearing.

HB 1077 codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

HB 1077 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with Constitutional Carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Email
    E-mails sent with seperate faxes to Gov. Holcomb and the Indiana State Republican Party.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Have some time points for the linked video below. The HB 1077 hearing was in the House Chambers so I was able to scribble notes sitting at a desk. No such thing in room 130 as you can see.

1:35:00 is when Senator Tomes introduces the bill. That's 1 hour and 35 minutes of RV/agri-tourism, prosecutor's slush fund, and electronic title and deed bills you can fast forward through.

Support:

1:41:45 Dr John Lott: Crime Prevention Research Center President and author of "More Guns, Less Crime". Dr Lott is the stereotype for college Economics professors I swear.

2:08:55 Tamara Watson: retired State Trooper, self-defense instructor. Pretty much the exact opposite of Dr Lott

2:19:40 John Weber: NRA Lobbyist for this region (replaced Chris Kopacki who is now #2 in NRA-ILA.) The questions at the end here are when flags started going up concerning the soon to be unemployed Liz Brown.

2:29:00 Me: Random dude from Hendricks County. Same stats as my 1077 testimony. Had a different version going in: half the stats, then cover several recent pro-2A laws passed in Indiana. Hook line: "How are these laws working out for us?" Then I ran into Guy in the hall and he pretty much said "BRING THE STATS!! DOUG CARTER IS HERE!!" so I did. I got asked a question by Senator Randolph (you know my views on him...) (I hadn't been asked a question since 2019 and that was when I caused the now-late Dan Forestall to have a conniption because his premise was wrong. Jim Lucas asked me a question once, ages ago.) Old Lonnie really didn't have a question, more of a rambling stream of consciousness. He was polite so I was too.

2:35:40 Brendon (where's my etoufee??) Budreau from NAGR. I think I posted **** NAGR during the hearing. Nuff said.

2:39:00 Will Fite (sounds dangerous) from HGR. See previous sentence.

2:41:40 Chad Hiltunin (son of Charlie "Peace Out" Hiltunin) from ISRPA (Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association.) Hiltunen the Younger read from the same script: "I'm from ISRPA and we rise in support of this bill! Peace out." Hiltunen the Elder did testify for the electronic land title bill: "I'm from the Land/Title Association and we rise in support of this bill! Peace out." I added the "peace out" because it's funny.

2:42:50 Rod Converse from Fort Wayne (random dude from Allen County?) Also spoke in support of HB 1077.

2:50:30 Guy Relford. If you want to see a pro at work, fast forward to 2:50:30

3:11:30 Paul Fisher (not Steve as I posted earlier. Leave me alone I'M OLD!!) Spoke very well, awesome Wyatt Earp mustache.

Now the parade of antis:

3:14:20 also anti at 1077. Thinks without safe storage handout that comes with LTCH we'll leave them loaded in the kid's crib.

3:19:15 Red shirt anti/seen her before. Rachel Gulliomous maybe? This person is a communist. Don't believe me? Listen to what she says.

I'll try to find ISP Superintendent Carter's testimony. If somebody spots it drop the time point.

3:19:15
    Picture_1642897781220_kindlephoto-1013778717.png

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one is a long shot, but it's well worth hitting send. Jim Lucas talked about it in the second hour of The Gun Guy Show. Direct all fire to Courts and Criminal Code Chair Wendy McNamara.

Representative McNamara,

I am writing to encourage your support of HB 1114, Self Defense. Authored by Representatives Lucas, Teshka, and Payne, this bill corrects a longstanding problem that resulted from an Indiana Appeals Court decision.

HB 1114 does not change when reasonable use of force includes deadly force. Likewise, it does not make it legal to point a firearm at someone without the imminent threat of unlawful force. What HB 1114 does do is accurately define deadly force.

Over 20 years ago, the Indiana Appeals Court ruled in Nantz v State that the act of pointing a firearm was deadly force. Inference and possibility (the basis of the Nantz decision) are not the same as deadly force by any stretch of the imagination. HB 1114 simply specifies that pointing a firearm is reasonable force in a self-defense or arrest situation, correcting over 20 years of judicial overreach.

HB 1114 is a very short bill, changing very little in current Indiana Code. Better defining reasonable force will be of great help to Hoosiers in self-defense situations, and afterwards. I’m sure I can count on your support with this important legislation and that you’ll schedule a hearing for this bill.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After two years of opposition from Governor Holcomb’s administration and stonewalling by the Republican-controlled Senate and President Pro Tempore Rod Bray, Hoosier’s are demanding action on Lawful Carry legislation, also known as Constitutional Carry.

Last year, the Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by Senator Liz Brown, refused to take up similar legislation, which passed the House by a vote of 65- 31, denying gun owners in Indiana an opportunity to be heard. This year, the same committee blocked NRA-backed amendments to Lawful Carry and refused to allow a vote at the time of the hearing.

In the last year, five states have enacted similar legislation, and neighboring Ohio is poised to send their own bill to the Governor’s desk. Twenty one states have now recognized the right of their law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed firearm in public without a government issued permit. It is time for the Senate and Governor Holcomb to take action and show Hoosiers where they stand on this important piece of Second Amendment legislation.

Contact Senate President Pro Tempore Rod Bray and ask him to send NRA-backed HB 1077 to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee and allow it to receive a full hearing and vote.

House Bill 1077 allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does not affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits, to do so.

NRA would like to thank bill sponsors, Rep. Ben Smaltz, Rep. Matt Lehman, Sen. James Tomes, Sen. Eric Koch, Sen. Mark Messmer, and Sen. Erin Houchin, as well as Rep. Jim Lucas, for their continued efforts to advance Second Amendment rights in Indiana. Again, please contact Senate President Pro Tempore Bray and ask him to send NRA-backed HB 1077 to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee and allow it to receive a full hearing and vote.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one is a long shot, but it's well worth hitting send. Jim Lucas talked about it in the second hour of The Gun Guy Show. Direct all fire to Courts and Criminal Code Chair Wendy McNamara.

Representative McNamara,

I am writing to encourage your support of HB 1114, Self Defense. Authored by Representatives Lucas, Teshka, and Payne, this bill corrects a longstanding problem that resulted from an Indiana Appeals Court decision.

HB 1114 does not change when reasonable use of force includes deadly force. Likewise, it does not make it legal to point a firearm at someone without the imminent threat of unlawful force. What HB 1114 does do is accurately define deadly force.

Over 20 years ago, the Indiana Appeals Court ruled in Nantz v State that the act of pointing a firearm was deadly force. Inference and possibility (the basis of the Nantz decision) are not the same as deadly force by any stretch of the imagination. HB 1114 simply specifies that pointing a firearm is reasonable force in a self-defense or arrest situation, correcting over 20 years of judicial overreach.

HB 1114 is a very short bill, changing very little in current Indiana Code. Better defining reasonable force will be of great help to Hoosiers in self-defense situations, and afterwards. I’m sure I can count on your support with this important legislation and that you’ll schedule a hearing for this bill.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email

Bump on the long shot. Jim wasn't quitting on it, neither should we.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Senator(s),

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Email
    To the top!!

Already sent it? Find it in your sent items and hit reply to all. Delete "Re:" out of the subject. Delete what it put in at the top on a reply (automatic on replies in Outlook and Yahoo email) bringing the "Senator(s)" to the top of the email. Hit send.

Doing this makes it send the auto-reply. It does not do that on a reply. I'm not IT or remotely techy, but that seems like something to send replies to the SPAM.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Sent a PDF'd letter to the Indiana GOP stating Gov. Holcomb would not receive my support for any future office if he was impeding HB 1077, 1114, SB 14 or any similar legislation.

E-mails resent of course.

I really hope there are enough of us engaged to matter. I know when I prompted some of my non-INGO firearm acquaintences the response rate was rather pitiful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom