KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So how many states are we up to now with ConC? I don't think it's the 24 one of the articles or comments mentioned. Isn't it 25 now? Can't keep it straight... :):
    Bama was 22, Ohio was 23. Crap I need to edit that one post...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There is work to be done, but Mount Everest was scaled today! I was glad to see you on 23 Feb and I'm glad you're back in these parts GFGT. Came full circle, I met you the first time at a Public Policy Committee hearing in 2017. We didn't know how steep that mountain would be.

Also, @Bill of Rights and @brotherbill3 were also there, they testified in support of ConC IIRC. They started me down this path five years ago.

Now I need to tell my handguns they can't go out and run amuck until 1 July.
    2017? Seems a lot longer ago than that. :D

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Posted this to FB along with sharing the 2A Project image with the bill being signed:
    Today, Indiana became the 24th state to enact a policy of constitutional carry. The law changes nothing about how people acquire arms and those prohibited from owning them are still prohibited from carrying them (not that that's every stopped a determined felon).
    It's a good step forward for law-abiding civilians in Indiana.
    A lot of people fear that the sky will come crashing down, but there's no real data to support this - mostly because violent ***holes don't care about the background check system.
    Statement from the Governor:
    "The Second Amendment has been debated for years, yet time and again our U.S. Supreme Court has reaffirmed this important constitutional right that I fully support. Twenty-three other states have laws comparable to HEA 1296. Vermont has had a constitutional carry law in place since it became a state, and several other states have had a similar law for more than a decade. HEA 1296, which I've signed today, entrusts Hoosiers who can lawfully carry a handgun to responsibly do so within our State. It’s important to note that if a person is prohibited, under federal or state laws, from possessing a firearm before this law goes into effect, that person will still be prohibited. And if a prohibited person has a firearm, he or she can be prosecuted. Firearm permits will remain available, without fee, to anyone who wants or needs one, such as Hoosiers desiring to carry a firearm to, through or in another state that has reciprocity with Indiana."

Edit: Time to head home and pick up something to celebrate.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Now, will current rules to obtain the permit change or will we still have to jump through all the same hoops to travel out of state with our guns?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    “Weakening permitting systems has increased gun violence in other states…”

Show your work.

sailordave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    North Porter County
    Man-o-man !! I can't stop laughing. This is even more fun than when Hillary Clinton lost and all those idiots were crying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom