• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    I had a fun hunt tonight. Ten deer fed into the plot before dark - two mature does, six fawns, a 3 point and a small 8 point. I think I snuck out without being busted.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Very cold snowy hunt for me today….. I set up on a fire trail from public to private….. I was on public side I knew IF I saw something it would be at last light…… bad part I got in there at NOON because I had to pull an audible since wind was strange. So I sat there on what appeared to be a deer highway I am assuming that travel takes place after shooting hours…. But I was hopeful and frozen until the last bit of light. Then leaving public almost hit 3 deer standing in the road… oh well.

Hawkj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Westpoint, IN
    Seen 3 does tonight here in Tippecanoe County. Still hoping for a late season buck so back out in the morning I go. I usually have better luck in the evenings this time of the year but the holiday activities are consuming my evenings. Oh well no big deal.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Seen 3 does tonight here in Tippecanoe County. Still hoping for a late season buck so back out in the morning I go. I usually have better luck in the evenings this time of the year but the holiday activities are consuming my evenings. Oh well no big deal.
    Still looking for my buck too.
    I passed on 4 small bucks earlier in the season and now I'm wondering if I won't regret the decision.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    still chasing my buck took 2 does in gun maybe today he will come into range hope the cooler temps will bring him out last weekend he was still ot there

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Out again today.
    Another cold one, but at least the wind isn't bad.
    Good luck everyone.
    Hope I can get a shot on a buck.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Nothing moving this morning in my hunting spot. According to my trail camera they have been coming out around 2100 and going back through around 0600.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nothing moving this morning in my hunting spot. According to my trail camera they have been coming out around 2100 and going back through around 0600.
    Clean miss on a doe from about 150 yards.
    She took off like a shot and disappeared.
    I waited almost an hour before I went to look.
    Not a single drop of blood anywhere.

Drat...

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Odd , not sure I believe the DNR statistics.
    We seen fewer bucks this year and the number of big bucks was less too.
    I had only pics of 2 nice bucks out of 5 cameras & killed 1 of them.
    So their numbers just don’t add up.
    I think it might be some Biden kind of numbers. :scratch:

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    saw 3 does and a spike in range the big boy i=went thru middle of field 250 plus yards away came home to eat and warm up may get back out there seems 230 is good time

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Tag soup for me this year, but the gardener found somebody's bow kill in October. Scavengers had scattered the carcass, but remarkably the skull and antlers were undamaged. She hunted with me in earlier years, but quit as she did not like early mornings and cold weather. I put this together for her as a Christmas present.:)

xmax.jpg

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Tomorrow looks like the last hurrah for me this season. Late season bow doesn't work for me. My standards might be a bit lower than before. I saw 2 nice bucks last evening of ML last year and passed but haven't seen either one this year.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    110 yds 9 yo got it done today with the in-line it was NOT easy. she shot back a little was a gut shot…….. tracked for over a mile…. And many hours met ALL the neighboring land owners. It was a FIASCO she had inline I had traditional…… she shot I went for a second shot when the deer bedded down…….(you know what they say about hindsight lol) I had 2 bad primers then 3rd shot a hang fire reloaded all while 10yds from this deer…… then I had another bad primer then I had a primer pop and fail to ignite the charge. THEN finally I got a shot off on the deer this time I missed I think I loaded it badly in haste or maybe tree or maybe just pulled the shot since I was so frustrated with the primers….and she ran…. And ran and ran. Shot 7:45 recovered 3:00 But luckily a bunch of good people helped get it done today. And I guess it’s true gut shot deer go for water.
    Good on you for not giving up!

Top Bottom