• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Bunch of crap. I understand some counties have low density, but not in Lawrence county. Plus, according to what I read, not many took part in season and it didn't hurt herd.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Id be iterested to see how many were taken illegally. I know where i hunt in putnam/owen its shots year round. all i see is small does.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Have you guys looked at the licenses? I got online yesterday and was going to get ahead of it, but by the time I added up all my licenses I was planning on I was over $200. Man I missed the boat on the lifetime license years ago.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Bunch of crap. I understand some counties have low density, but not in Lawrence county. Plus, according to what I read, not many took part in season and it didn't hurt herd.
    The DNR cannot set county hunting quotas based on small pockets of individual observations. What you`re seeing may not be representative of your entire county. I`d rather they were conservative than as wide open as they`ve been in the past. EHD has hit the herd hard state wide, and it`s true that it can hit some pockets harder and it can be sporadic, bot overall statewide, deer numbers are down.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Have you guys looked at the licenses? I got online yesterday and was going to get ahead of it, but by the time I added up all my licenses I was planning on I was over $200. Man I missed the boat on the lifetime license years ago.
    I bought my Indiana Lifetime Comprehensive Hunting and Fishing license in 2003 and it`s more than paid for itself since then. One of the best, smartest things I`ve ever done. It was expensive at the time, I bout it at the high end, something like $1100, and it was quite a heavy outlay at that time, but it was money well spent. Never mind all the venison, turkey breast, and other various wild game meat I`ve enjoyed, but the time enjoyed in the outdoors is priceless.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I'm curious if depredation permits are down or gone. The farmers I know don't bother with even trying to get them. They rent too much ground and told me permits are harder to get if you don't own the ground.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I have not been seeing as many as before that EHD out break I get the bundel and have been able to fill tags 1 in bow 1 in gun and 1 in muzzle loader Have seen a big one at my bow spot dang things have been bedding by my stand but that will change when the time comes. I hope for cooler temps than last years bow season.

Top Bottom