• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Popped 2 adults and the 4 babies in the nest with the grandson today. Still have a nest in the barn that I can’t reach.. yet.
    Nice. I read that when an adult and baby are together, that you shoot the adult first. As the babies are so dumb that they just stay put, and you can shoot them next. Haven’t seen babies yet this year. They are so loud and annoying.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Nice. I read that when an adult and baby are together, that you shoot the adult first. As the babies are so dumb that they just stay put, and you can shoot them next. Haven’t seen babies yet this year. They are so loud and annoying.
    They were still in the nest. The beastards made there way into my swallow birdhouse.
    Add another two today.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    +3 today.

Greedy bastards on both of my mealworm feeders. I have multiple bluebird families that are coming by all day to feed their young. They take as many worms as they can hold. Also have downy woodpeckers taking a bunch for their young. Even cardinals like the mealworms but they just eat and don’t take any to go.

Last edited:

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    +3 starlings and 2 sparrows.

always do well on rainy days as it makes it harder for them to sense you. I changed my cover where I shoot from so that’s helped too.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Same here. Popped 2 more and one is still hanging in the tree. I have propped up dead ones and have thrown out bread to help lure in others... NO mercy just empty hulls! Keep up the good work

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Same here. Popped 2 more and one is still hanging in the tree. I have propped up dead ones and have thrown out bread to help lure in others... NO mercy just empty hulls! Keep up the good work
    Saw the first group of baby starlings out today. A group of 3 or so with their parents. I wasn’t quite setup for the day but I got one of the babies with a good shot. They are even more annoying than the adults.

+1 for Wednesday

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    They are relentless. Put two suet cakes out and they devoured both in one afternoon. Getting out the two pellet weapons today to thin the flock.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had a few years where they avoided my neighborhood. Not so much now, but they must remember? They are very skiddish here, flying off when I come out the door.

I notice that single starlings occasionally sneak into a herd of cowbirds feeding in the lawn. I've been avoiding shooting the cowbirds, but after reading up on them just now discovered that they are an invasive pest also.

Blackbirds beware!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Saw my first starlings here this morning. Probably going to start keeping the pellet rifle out here on the deck with me while I'm working.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Its been looking like a pterodactyl has been crapping on my wifes Suv every morning so I went on a starling extinction mission. Downed a half dozen this past week just working outside and keeping the 1100 in reach for the trees above.

My son even watches for them now as I always am saying how nasty they are like a rat with wings.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Its been looking like a pterodactyl has been crapping on my wifes Suv every morning so I went on a starling extinction mission. Downed a half dozen this past week just working outside and keeping the 1100 in reach for the trees above.

My son even watches for them now as I always am saying how nasty they are like a rat with wings.
    That is the exact reason I started doing this. The amount of crap on a freshly washed vehicle is insane.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Saw the first group of baby starlings out today. A group of 3 or so with their parents. I wasn’t quite setup for the day but I got one of the babies with a good shot. They are even more annoying than the adults.

+1 for Wednesday
    Yes!! Have some hatchlings flying around at home. Nice flying target practice. The dang adults now are on to me so I’m deploying a tactical scarecrow so they will get used to seeing someone outside. There very weary of any movement.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have my Charter Arms 44 Special stoked with bird / snake shot. My neighbors applaud my efforts as they tired of the poop machines ruining a good Crew car wash.

Top Bottom