• Status
    Not open for further replies.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Smoking 2 briskets in the middle of an ice storm.

gj3nUII.jpg

RPtRN76.jpg
    I know I'm late, but any leftovers? lol.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just smokin up a NY strip and half before searing in a cast iron skillet with butter and garlic...
    c8d01a7409e0bd6eb962200ee4d3ce15.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    For those who like bean dip for their chips...
    Did you ever get frustrated at smooshing up a can of pintos and not being able to duplicate the bean dip flavor you were after? Well, we occasionally make humus and bean dip and so yeah, I'd tried to make some taste like Frito Lay but nah, it just wasn't there.

So I stumbled onto the easy path to nerdvana. Needed some more Louisiana hot sauce and while perusing the grocery aisle also snagged a bottle of Valentina Salsa Picante. And, ended up using a little in tonight's bean dip. It was spot on the eight ring at least.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just got done eating the pulled pork I smoked all day. The old Okie Joe pellet smoker had no problem holding 225 even when it was 9 outside when I started.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just got done eating the pulled pork I smoked all day. The old Okie Joe pellet smoker had no problem holding 225 even when it was 9 outside when I started.
    Sweet, wish I could afford a nice pellet smoker, especially since my 16 year old grill needs it's innards replaced, the stainless steel body is in great shape, burners, grates and valves
    are pieces of :poop: and are no longer made.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    This thread is great! Now I’m hungry for some ribs.. pulling out the grill ( vision) and doing ribs overnight. Never tried it this cold but let you know how it goes.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'll be smoking some buffalo wings for the game this evening. I'll smoke em' with a dry rub then sauce them and crank up the heat at the end.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sounds like a good place spend the money that Sleepy Joe is sending
    I would love to do that, unfortunately having not been able to work the last 3 years due to health issues and still waiting on disability, it's not a option at this moment.

I'd be happy to be able to sleep 6 hours straight and be able to walk up and down steps, get up off the floor easy after playing with my dogs. Enjoy simple things in life that you never give a second thought about.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    No snowing today, temperature going up to a balmy twenty degrees, got lots of charcoal and the steaks are in the ice box.
    Yes!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Threw a little brisket on last night around 6:30 rubbed down with Joe's Big Meat rub. Joe's is one of the best places for Kansas City bbq. Probably will freeze most of it to have a stash for making chili...

u0wBYxJl.jpg

agZ5y0ll.jpg

xZI5eSHl.jpg

Let it run all night at 200. Bumped it up to 225 when I was leaving for work at 4:30 this morning. Just grabbed my phone to check the RecTeq app to see how we're doing. Damn app won't work. :rolleyes:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Made the better 2/3's some marinaded sirloin kabobs for Valentines Day and tried out a different cocktail on her; dark rum, root beer and vanilla creamer. She said "It's different" but not apparently a bad different.
    :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom