• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Busy grillin/smokin weekend in the garage. Smoked/seared fillets for Valentines dinner Saturday night. Smoked a little 12lb brisket, mostly for chili fixins and some burnt ends. Smoked wasabi deviled eggs and armadillo eggs for my buddies Daytona 500 party. Only got to see 15 laps of racing, but we ate and drank 500 miles worth. :D

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Preparing to smoke some homemade jerky on the pellet grill

63161a1babd6874744fc5fca71583d57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Please report back on how that Inferno Blend turns out. It's on my list to try,along with the Nesco Hot&Spicy.

I use it every time I make a batch of jerky! A little goes a long way. I usually use a teaspoon or two depending on how many lbs of jerky I’m making.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Good to hear. How many pounds do you usually do at a time?

This batch was 4 pounds but usually 5-10 pounds. I like my jerky better then store bought but it’s a lot of work, so I usually make quite a bit so I don’t have to do it very often. This batch is going on the pellet grill today! The combination I used was 1 tablespoon hickory, 1 teaspoon pepper blend and a half teaspoon inferno.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This batch was 4 pounds but usually 5-10 pounds. I like my jerky better then store bought but it’s a lot of work, so I usually make quite a bit so I don’t have to do it very often. This batch is going on the pellet grill today! The combination I used was 1 tablespoon hickory, 1 teaspoon pepper blend and a half teaspoon inferno.

Thank you, I did 4 pounds last time and it was lacking for me. I'll give it a shot with your recipe next time.

And you are right, it was a lot of work and disappeared pretty quick.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Thank you, I did 4 pounds last time and it was lacking for me. I'll give it a shot with your recipe next time.

And you are right, it was a lot of work and disappeared pretty quick.

I was mistaken I’m cooking only 3 pounds of meat. Here is their mixing chart for whole muscle meat.

515a6d67939609fde2bd96142a8c4156.jpg

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Marinated 36 hours. 1.5-2 hours on the pellet grill. Lumberjack competition blend pellets. Better than any store bought jerky hands down!

Smoke doing some work
    a63efd937e34561b90ffc115ff5ab697.jpg

After 1 hour I switch top and bottom trays
    d35537866bf5716e7e10b9bae84bd320.jpg

Finished product
    5fb97fba0c0badbe09dec72d6f9635f7.jpg

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Finally took the leap and bought the recteq Bull. I have been using the King-Griller Akorn (generic egg) with lump charcoal for 7 plus years and I love it but it is not a set it and forget it grill. I was worried about not enough smoke flavor and having to plug my grill in but I really wanted to set and forget and so far this Bull has impressed me. The temperature control is amazing, been using it in my unattached freezing ass cold garage with ventilation and this thing holds temp great. The smoke is not what I'm used to, but I expected that and its not like it's not there just not as much as I prefer. Overall I'm impressed so far and if I can figure out how to post pictures I will share the good and the bad with you guys.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Finally took the leap and bought the recteq Bull. I have been using the King-Griller Akorn (generic egg) with lump charcoal for 7 plus years and I love it but it is not a set it and forget it grill. I was worried about not enough smoke flavor and having to plug my grill in but I really wanted to set and forget and so far this Bull has impressed me. The temperature control is amazing, been using it in my unattached freezing ass cold garage with ventilation and this thing holds temp great. The smoke is not what I'm used to, but I expected that and its not like it's not there just not as much as I prefer. Overall I'm impressed so far and if I can figure out how to post pictures I will share the good and the bad with you guys.
    Just use the attach files in the reply box and wallah.

And I'm with you, my charcoal smoker definitely added more smoke, but the wife and daughter prefer this. I am still getting a smoke tube though.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    First cook to season was some chicken thighs and breast. I really miss the color and flavor of throwing my apple chunks in with the lump but I will say this batch was delicious.
    20210204_190057.jpg 20210204_193613.jpg

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Just use the attach files in the reply box and wallah.

And I'm with you, my charcoal smoker definitely added more smoke, but the wife and daughter prefer this. I am still getting a smoke tube though.
    I will keep the Akorn for some cooks but I'm also thinking about getting a smoke tube.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    3-2-1 ribs. I wasn't sure about the small baby backs because they had been in the freezer for a while, so I decided to cook them same as the spare knowing they would probably be overdone but they were still good. 20210207_182938.jpg 20210207_185707.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom