• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I will keep the Akorn for some cooks but I'm also thinking about getting a smoke tube.
    On my ZGrill I have a deflector over the firepot. I used some foil and put a couple of apple chunks on it. It definitely helped. I think I'm going to get a small cast iron skillet to use in the future.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I never thought about chili on the pellet grill...throw in a little pork butt... I might have to try that sometime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's life changing.

I now smoke briskets just for putting into my pellet grill chili.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Made some chicken wings and ABT's on the kamado today. They were delicious!

uDl1nSX.jpg

8oL1ymD.jpg

ie3BJkh.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wife has been working from home for months. She had to go in to the office one day last week and found a 2 pound block of one year aged cheddar in the office fridge. Her boss said it was part of a gift basket somebody sent them at Christmas. Everybody had taken stuff home from the basket but nobody wanted that block of cheese. She called and asked if I wanted it. Hell yeah I do. I sampled it and it was really good. But what it really needs is some smoke...

w7if4FOl.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Shortly after getting home last night we got the news that a good friend's father passed away unexpectedly. My wife's immediate reaction to any sort of tragedy that befalls family or friends is, quick, start cooking!!! We must feed them!!!

I always keep a couple butts in inventory but they were frozen solid. She ran to store and grabbed another pair and they went on at 8 last night. I was a little short on rub and they were out of my goto, Rasta Joe's, so we're trying some Meat Church...

bZjzhRHl.jpg

uiDZVPXl.jpg

Went with a pellet tube full of hickory pellets, Traeger blended pellets in the hopper, and set the Bull for 250. Shooting for them to be done around 10

At 4am when I left for work both were checking 160ish and lookin good...

DCMFUKQl.jpg

Currently humming along at about 180. Might have to dial back to 225 so they don't get done before I get home.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    1 pound sausage cooked and drained, one can cream of mushroom soup, half can of water, half cup of salsa, 1 pound Velveeta, 1 pound Mexican Velveeta, 8 ounce sour cream, 8 oz of smoked Gouda ...I added about a pound of pork I had smoked a few weeks ago.
    078e68c1cfe573ad53cb438d14da05b1.jpg

Pellet grill was set on high smoke, I stirred it up every 30ish minutes. Cooked about 2.5 hours!

Try it you won’t regret it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Spent yesterday morning clearing an auger jam...and it was quite a jam. Had to remove the auger a fraction of an inch at a time with a pry bar after everything was taken apart.

I shall be sifting my pellets from here on out. I made some quick and easy salmon burgers on it last night and then ran the auger dry of pellets as I will do after every cook.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Spent yesterday morning clearing an auger jam...and it was quite a jam. Had to remove the auger a fraction of an inch at a time with a pry bar after everything was taken apart.

I shall be sifting my pellets from here on out. I made some quick and easy salmon burgers on it last night and then ran the auger dry of pellets as I will do after every cook.
    That is one thing about your grill that I liked, the quick empty hopper.
    I store mine in the garage, so I hope that helps keep me from having problems with wet pellets

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom