Not open for further replies.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    They are very tender but not so well done that they fall apart just handling them. You can almost suck the meat off the bones, just a slight bite needed.

Low & slow, I don’t know the temp since the thermometer only says warm/ideal/hot and if you lift the lid to check it takes a 1/2 hour to get back to ideal temp.

Last edited:

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    7ab0b7cc688ddc40fc42c88f5afefe48.jpg

I forgot how good and easy whole chicken is on the pellet grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KG1

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Just picked up a 36" griddle this afternoon, going to put it together tomorrow. Don't know what the first meal will be but will try to remember some pics

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Had the best ribs I’ve ever done for lunch today. Smoked at 275 for 4.5 hours. No wrap. They were just the right amount of tender to come clean off the bone, but not falling off the bone. Still had a good bite to them. Did 3 racks wet, and 1 dry for the one daughter who doesn’t like bbq sauce.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Didn't know exactly where to post this but Rural King in Muncie has Bear Mountain gourmet blend pellets for $3.99/a bag.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Snackin on the cheeses I smoked a couple weeks before Christmas. Pepper jack is just OK, cheddar is good, gouda is great, but the white cheddar with horseradish is amazing....

XY4aeKyl.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    How long did you smoke it? I do cold smoked salmon in my BGE but haven’t done cheese. Would be fun to try. I can easily keep some temp under 80 degrees during the cooler months.
    4 total. Did two hours, flipped them 180 and shuffled them around, then two more.

Gouda, white cheddar horseradish, and cheddar were good after 2 weeks chillin in the fridge. At 2 weeks, the pepperjack was still too bitter/smokey. After another week, it was good.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    10 days into 2021 and this thread Rocks!
    I am Using A Weber Kettle grill . Want to Step up to the Pellet Cooker just havent pulled the trigger yet
    Pellet grills all work pretty much the same. Some are better than others but it's easy to turn it into a Ford/Chevy debate.

I chose a Recteq after lots of research and reading glowing reviews about their customer service. I have now experienced it personally and it is really good, but this little story, copied from a Recteq FaceBook group, really takes the cake...

Hey guys, it's me, the guy that had his grill stolen only to find it in a roadside ditch battered and bruised. I wanted to update you all on my experience with Recteq's customer service.
    I'm speechless.

Recteq is the best company period. They requested some pictures and I sent them in.. After that, Trish (nicest lady ever), told me that they will replace the damaged replaceable parts for FREE.
    But that's not what made me shed several tears.

They asked that after I fix the smoker, that I donate it to my local fire department and they will replace my grill with a brand new one!

I normally don't get emotional, but when she said that her and her team heard about what happened and wanted to give me a new Recteq, I cried...I'm still in tears.

This smoker brings my family together. This grill creates memories with my kid when I teach him how to cook on it. When people come to my house it's the first thing I would show them when they get a tour of the place. I've always been proud of my Recteq, and now I'll never consider buying a different brand.
    So to the amazing people at Recteq, if you're in this group, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    I will fix "The Jackal" and clean it up like new and deliver it to my local fire department along with some ribs for them.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Pellet grills all work pretty much the same. Some are better than others but it's easy to turn it into a Ford/Chevy debate.

I chose a Recteq after lots of research and reading glowing reviews about their customer service. I have now experienced it personally and it is really good, but this little story, copied from a Recteq FaceBook group, really takes the cake...
    That is amazing!
    You don't hear about customer care like this very often anymore.
    Good job Recteq

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Picked up some thick chops that were marked down to move and knew they had to have something done to them pretty soon. So, used some curing salts, brown sugar and a variety of spices for an overnight dry rub cure in the icebox. Washed off the salts and dry smoked them the next day. And here's the different part, simmered them until tender in cider.

Turned out very good and it will be a new favorite way of doing chops even if it is a two day process. If we ever go back to having family get together I think it will be a hit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom