• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Well here goes nothing…breakfast fatty is ready for smoking in the morning…fingers crossed!

d6b6c1e045f1db54d73b357a66cec1e4.jpg

0b1b46ee37f8d610bd1adcc72ef1a61a.jpg

899b69b4b1ecf1a7f837b2c7f7f23eda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    What temp and how long did you cook it?

275 degrees for about 2 hours, when the IT was 160 the bacon wasn’t quite done in my opinion (team limpy/floppy bacon) so I took the IT to 170 and it was perfect! The sausage looks real pink in the picture but I have found that anything I wrap in bacon seems to have a pink color to it but the temp probe says it’s done so I don’t know what to say about the pink color (smoke ring maybe). YouTube link below to what I followed.

252141c4f23e756e78d1567213a2a32a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Working on projects in my single days I'd roll out flaky biscuits and make prefab'd pockets for lunches, stuffing them with whatever meat and veggie leftovers that were in the ice box. Wanted to do the same thing yesterday but didn't have biscuits laying around. So I used two cups of flour, a teaspoon of salt, 2/3 cup of water and an egg. Had some leftover pork so chopped up celery and onion, spiced it up with cinnamon and ginger. Made moon pie looking stuffed pockets and fried them in butter. Turned out pretty good and the better 2/3's liked them.
    :patriot:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Working on projects in my single days I'd roll out flaky biscuits and make prefab'd pockets for lunches, stuffing them with whatever meat and veggie leftovers that were in the ice box. Wanted to do the same thing yesterday but didn't have biscuits laying around. So I used two cups of flour, a teaspoon of salt, 2/3 cup of water and an egg. Had some leftover pork so chopped up celery and onion, spiced it up with cinnamon and ginger. Made moon pie looking stuffed pockets and fried them in butter. Turned out pretty good and the better 2/3's liked them.
    :patriot:
    Pictures please or it never happened ;) Sounds tasty. I wanna see that.

Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Anyone ever do Flank Steak over charcoal? And sure, for fajitas maybe, but I`m talking about even just to carve Flank Steak to just eat like steak. I know you carve against the grain to keep from making the muscle fiber tough, and probably a marinade doesn`t hurt. But does anybody ever just do a Flank Steak over charcoal?
    I grill flank steak on my Green Mountain grill all the time, I like it almost as much as a ribeye. As long as you slice it against the grain it is super tender and has great flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom