KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Judiciary Committee is meeting now. What’s better than having Senator Brown return to a desk covered with phone messages? Hey if she schedules the hearing we’ll quit calling!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK INGO, I can give my nightly "keep the peddle to the metal" post on emails and phone calls, or the translation to my cryptic notes from this morning when Guy and myself DID NOT get to testify in support of SB 199.

What's it gonna be? Both? OK!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My last post counts as the "keep the peddle to the metal" post for the evening. We are witnessing a serious grass roots movement happening in real-time, and we're part of it.

Here's the translation of my cryptic notes:

1 red shirt

SB 187, Monuments Protection

I have Internet access, THANK THE LORD!!

Wow, legalese on standing down, ugh

Public defender council ZZZZZZZ, public defenders hate felonies, ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ now reading criminal mischief code ZZZZZZZ

Antis always want more gun laws but no others

Party Line vote

SB 177, Senator Mesmer is rocking a Sonny Crockett look

SB 197, oh boy BORING

Insurance, banking, ZZZZZZ

Fraud and deception definitions, it got more boring

Line by line pen and ink changes...ZZZZZZZZ

Monotone Public Defender speaks really fast, pubic defenders hate felonies

6-6 tie on amendment vote, rock, paper, scissors not an option I guess

Orwellian, Animal Farm (reference to limiting the types of employees in an ER who, if assaulted, leads to an enhancement. Hit a Nurse it's a felony, not a felony if you hit the support assistant.)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll quit bumping this thread when ConC is the law of the land. Until then, 317-232-9400, they open at 0830. Message for Senator Liz Brown and your State Senator: give HB 1369 a hearing.
    What I said yesterday, applies today. Either today or tomorrow we should see the hearing schedule update for next week. If it goes until Monday I might leave the tracks, just sayin. Calls and emails (LOTS of them) seems to have gotten their attention.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No wait as of a few minutes ago. Today is definitely a day to let them know we’re here, and we pay attention.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tomorrow is Good Friday, which is a State holiday. Today is really the last day to call in support of HB 1369 prior to the hearing being set. 317-232-9400, once more unto the breach!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tomorrow is Good Friday, which is a State holiday. Today is really the last day to call in support of HB 1369 prior to the hearing being set. 317-232-9400, once more unto the breach!!
    One hour four minutes to go to get a call in if you haven’t already today, let Senator Brown know you want HB1369 to have a hearing.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw the IGA site update, checked with my source. I didn't have the words that would pass the profanity filters, so I copy/pasted Guy's words below.

I thank all of you who stepped up and made our voices heard. There is no doubt in my military mind that we were heard.

I'm not an event coordinator, but I'm thinking OC Rally at 200 W Washington Street in the near future.

I'm new to this politics... **** for the lack of a better word. 397 days until the Indiana Primary in 2022, just sayin.

The news is not good coming out of the Senate. It appears Sen. Rod Bray and Sen. Liz Brown like to campaign on support for the Second Amendment, but they have reportedly killed Constitutional Carry in the Senate this year WITHOUT A VOTE.
    It is beyond time we vote these hypocrites out of office. The 2A Project is committed to make that happen.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I saw the IGA site update, checked with my source. I didn't have the words that would pass the profanity filters, so I copy/pasted Guy's words below.

I thank all of you who stepped up and made our voices heard. There is no doubt in my military mind that we were heard.

I'm not an event coordinator, but I'm thinking OC Rally at 200 W Washington Street in the near future.

I'm new to this politics... **** for the lack of a better word. 397 days until the Indiana Primary in 2022, just sayin.

The news is not good coming out of the Senate. It appears Sen. Rod Bray and Sen. Liz Brown like to campaign on support for the Second Amendment, but they have reportedly killed Constitutional Carry in the Senate this year WITHOUT A VOTE.
    It is beyond time we vote these hypocrites out of office. The 2A Project is committed to make that happen.

Cant say as I'm surprised. Called it about 2 weeks ago. We have a bunch of useless, spineless politicians here in Indiana.

Have a feeling that if you want to enjoy constitutional carry, you will be better off moving to a constitutional carry state.

dchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    Walkerton
    I've received nothing but auto response nonsense from Bohacek for the last month. It's been a daily task of mine to send emails.

I cannot wait for his campaign calls. I'm really close to starting to Andy Dufresne-ing him just to get some sort of actual response. Then, as soon as I do get a non-generic response, I'll write 2-3 letters per week.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Kelly,
    Can you take a look at the agenda for next week and comment on SR 39? I'm not sure what it's about. Are they just posturing?
    Gold trigger

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly,
    Can you take a look at the agenda for next week and comment on SR 39? I'm not sure what it's about. Are they just posturing?
    Gold trigger
    SR 39 is shorter than SB 199 and was an easier read. The authors and coauthors are Pro-2A and several were sponsors of HB 1369.

I like what it says (some is below.) I don't know what authority comes with a Senate Resolution.

MADAM PRESIDENT: I offer the following resolution and move its adoption: A SENATE RESOLUTION declaring that the policy of the state is to protect the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Whereas, The Constitution of the United States of America, in the second amendment, states: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed";

Whereas, The Constitution of the State of Indiana, in Article 1, Section 32, states: "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State";

Whereas, All power is inherent in the people and all free governments are, and of right ought to be, founded on the people's authority and instituted for the people's peace, safety, and well-being;

Whereas, The free, ongoing, and unencumbered right to possess modern and serviceable firearms, ammunition, and accessories is necessary to protect these rights;

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Kelly,
    Thanks. I like what it says as well.
    The optics look a bit weird to me. Rather than actually holding a hearing 1369, they are passing a resolution, which I don't think holds much weight. Again, it looks more like posturing to appear they are pro 2a, rather than actually being pro 2a and voting on the legislation at hand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom