KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB 199 (and no other bills) is not scheduled for a hearing in the House Courts and Criminal Code committee on the 7th.

It was scheduled for a hearing last week but got kicked due to time constraints.

I'll bump this later this AM if needed. Rep Wendy McNamara is the committee chair.

1-800-382-9481

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB 199 (and no other bills) is not scheduled for a hearing in the House Courts and Criminal Code committee on the 7th.

It was scheduled for a hearing last week but got kicked due to time constraints.

I'll bump this later this AM if needed. Rep Wendy McNamara is the committee chair.

1-800-382-9481
    Ok, nothing yet. Called and asked The house sponsors assistant, couldn’t give an answer.

The number is in the tagged post, It might be a good time to ask why Senate Bill 199 isn’t scheduled for a hearing, when it was scheduled last week. That was my question a minute ago.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Couldn't decide if I should put this here, the other HB 1369 thread, or in it's own thread.

Indiana Senate blocking repeal of state handgun permit law​

(No, two Senators blocked it. There were 21 Senate sponsors.)

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Republican-dominated Indiana Senate is blocking a bill that would repeal the state’s permit requirement for carrying a handgun in public.

(Again, no. Two Senators.)

Republicans easily pushed the proposal through the Indiana House, but Senate leaders have decided against taking up the bill in the final weeks of this year’s session. Instead, the Senate will support eliminating the $75 fee for a lifetime permit after the Legislature eliminated the state’s five-year permit fee in a 2019 bill.

(Passed 65-31 in the House. Two Senators. Cost is irrelevant when you can't get it when you really need it. Wait a minute Rod, weren't you up in arms about the loss of funding?)

Senate President Pro Tem Rodric Bray pointed to opposition to the bill from the Indiana State Police superintendent, the state police chiefs association and the Indiana Fraternal Order of Police.

(I see somebody else pointed out Carter was speaking for himself, not for ISP. Numerous County Sheriffs spoke in support, not one in opposition. LEOs in support significantly outnumbered those opposed. And the FOP rep was not a LEO/didn't know what an ATF Form 4473 was.)

This time next year? Trek to Fort Wayne to support the Pro-2A candidate running against Liz Brown. This time in 2024? Trek to Martinsville/Mooresville to support the Pro-2A candidate running against the Bray.

Ever done that before? Me neither!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Couldn't decide if I should put this here, the other HB 1369 thread, or in it's own thread.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Republican-dominated Indiana Senate is blocking a bill that would repeal the state’s permit requirement for carrying a handgun in public.

Republicans easily pushed the proposal through the Indiana House, but Senate leaders have decided against taking up the bill in the final weeks of this year’s session. Instead, the Senate will support eliminating the $75 fee for a lifetime permit after the Legislature eliminated the state’s five-year permit fee in a 2019 bill.

(Passed 65-31 in the House. Two Senators. Cost is irrelevant when you can't get it when you really need it. Wait a minute Rod, weren't you up in arms about the loss of funding?)

Senate President Pro Tem Rodric Bray pointed to opposition to the bill from the Indiana State Police superintendent, the state police chiefs association and the Indiana Fraternal Order of Police.

(I see somebody else pointed out Carter was speaking for himself, not for ISP. Numerous County Sheriffs spoke in support, not one in opposition. LEOs in support significantly outnumbered those opposed. And the FOP rep was not a LEO/didn't know what an ATF Form 4473 was.)

This time next year? Trek to Fort Wayne to support the Pro-2A candidate running against Liz Brown. This time in 2024? Trek to Martinsville/Mooresville to support the Pro-2A candidate running against the Bray.

I truly appreciate how you keep folks updated IN DETAIL about what is going on.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Cross post from the HB 1369 thread. This is SB 199 related:

I’m less happy than before and that takes some doing. The courts and the criminal code chair decided not to have a hearing for Senate Bill 199. Representative Wendy McNamara house district 76 which borders both the Ohio and Wabash rivers to give you an idea where it is, just didn’t schedule the hearing. When I got the word on that this morning my coworker thought my Tourette’s syndrome was flaring up again.

Prowler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2016
    Bloomington
    It's going to get much worse federally. Look who is running the ATF. All I can say is Remember Lexington and Concorde and all that may imply. Molon Labe !

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kelley, give me a PM if we need letters/phone calls.

I have to unwatch this train wreck.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, Senate Resolution 39 (part of it below), passed 40-10. We actually had all 39 R's and one D (Mrvan the Younger, I'm shocked too) vote Yes.

Who voted in favor of this, was a sponsor of HB 1369, and voted in secret to oppose HB 1369?

39 R's in the Senate. 21 Sponsors for HB 1369. Why didn't ConC pass?

Whereas, The Constitution of the United States of America, in the second amendment, states: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"; Whereas, The Constitution of the State of Indiana, in Article 1, Section 32, states: "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State"; Whereas, All power is inherent in the people and all free governments are, and of right ought to be, founded on the people's authority and instituted for the people's peace, safety, and well-being; Whereas, The free, ongoing, and unencumbered right to possess modern and serviceable firearms, ammunition, and accessories is necessary to protect these rights;

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This shocks me. I sent countless emails and never a single response.
    This ain't over by any stretch.

(this was before I read your post again. It has MRvan bashing so I left it.)

That's Mrvan the Younger in DC. This is Mrvan the Elder (looks to be 150 or so.)

We got a rando dem to vote for 1369 on the floor of the House I can't explain. With Mrvan he probably woke up and hit a button thinking the alarm was going off.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I just wrote to my representative to thank her for supporting 1369 and to encourage support for legislation that might reintroduce the topic in the future.
    I am saddened that it didn't make it out of the Senate, but hope to keep the support that it received in the house.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Why didn't ConC pass?
    Kelly, you know full well why it didn’t pass: The important senators didn’t want it to. Or the governor didn’t. Or none of them cared either way until their palms were greased. Bray and/or Brown are in positions to stop bills, and don’t care how many of the peons want those bills to become laws.

Primary them and we solve the problem, so long as we keep both houses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom