• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I haven't seen that model before, looks awesome! Do some reading, do some experimenting and you'll quickly become the family hero when you consistently lay quality eats on the table for them. You made a great choice!

I think its a standard platinum model with a custom cedar table. But you would probably know better than me.

I need longer tongs! Blackened ribeye's on the XL tonight, fricken thing was 1000*

That little weber kettle looks nice, what the half hoop around the outside on the right of the grill in the pic for?

1000? Good grief!

The hoop holds the lid.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I need longer tongs! Blackened ribeye's on the XL tonight, fricken thing was 1000*

That little weber kettle looks nice, what the half hoop around the outside on the right of the grill in the pic for?

Lol, been there. I took the daisy wheel off with the bottom vent wide open and left it for about ten minutes. I looked out the window and the thermo was bouncing between 100* & 200*. I walked out to see what was going on and put my hand over the top vent. OUCH!!!! I won't ever do that again.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I haven't ever been able to get my large above 850 so this was uncharted territory LOL. Blackened those ribeye's mighty nice though

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    20130603_192241.jpg

Small meal for two on my Weber. You guys weren't kidding, it grilled the best food I've ever had from a grill and it was my first real try with charcoal.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Okay, I'm getting really sick and tired of INGO making me part ways with my money! I have a mile-long wish list of guns I want thanks to the site and now I'm really wanting a BGE. Nothing wrong with the grill we have, but the BGE just sounds amazing.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Okay, I'm getting really sick and tired of INGO making me part ways with my money! I have a mile-long wish list of guns I want thanks to the site and now I'm really wanting a BGE. Nothing wrong with the grill we have, but the BGE just sounds amazing.

I'll second PD and say it is. It took me a while to pull the trigger and when I did I kicked myself in the rear for trying to debate it with myself. Now I have two. My family asks me to make stuff they really wouldn't have eaten otherwise. Muffin tin thighs for example, neither my wife and daughter were dark meat fans until I made those..Blackened ribeye's, or strips. Wings galore!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    We have the deluxe model and my wife loves it. She has smoked brisket, ribs and chicken on it and it is some of the best I have ever had. There was a simple mod she found online to keep more of the smoke in. Sam's Club has it cheaper if you happen to be a member.
    Thanks for the insight! I am not a member of Sam's but my in-laws are and I'm sure I could convince them to let me tag along. My FIL is a sucker for a cookout! How long have y'all had the grill and how does it hold up to the weather? Do they make covers big enough for grills this size?

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Large BGE here, love that freakin' grill, I've cooked just about everything I can think of on it, but have yet to make breakfast on the thing.
    Probably the biggest hit I do on the egg is my version of Atomic Buffalo Turds (abt's), ( these are before they went on the grill) normally do these as an finger food while everything else cooks, make 3 dozen on memorial day for 9 people, and they were gone in 5 minutes!!!.
    2l93xgn.jpg

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Large BGE here, love that freakin' grill, I've cooked just about everything I can think of on it, but have yet to make breakfast on the thing.
    Probably the biggest hit I do on the egg is my version of Atomic Buffalo Turds (abt's), normally do these as an finger food while everything else cooks, make 3 dozen on memorial day for 9 people, and they were gone in 5 minutes!!!.
    2l93xgn.jpg

Posting about food with the name "Atomic Buffalo Turds" and then not providing a recipe is almost grounds for a good ole Texas witch burning!!!:laugh:

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    True true, but if I told ya............

Average size jalapeno's, get you about 30 of them, cut off the top/stem, then I use an apple core tool to scrap out the membrane and the seeds so it isnt very hot, wash them out, and poke a hole thru the bottom of the pepper so it can vent (i use a skewer for that).
    Mix up one pound of sausage, half cup of parmasean cheese, and a cup of bread crumbs in a bowl til it turns into a cormeal type mess, then stuff the peppers 90% of the way full, you want it kind of concave like in my picture. wrap them in thick cut bacon and secure with a toothpick.
    Toss them on the grill, when the bacon gets done and crispy, the peppers are done. At 350ish over direct heat it takes about 30min, indirect at 250ish it takes almost an hour. bacon gets crispy, peppers turn dark green. AMAZING (my above pic is before they were cooked, sorry dont have one of the finished product)

Last edited:

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    they aren't at all. like a jalapeno popper, the seeds and the inner membrane give the heat, by coring those out they are very very mild.
    My pic is them raw before they were put on the grill, just cook them til the bacon is crispy and the peppers will be done/dark green almost purple tint to them.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    they aren't at all. like a jalapeno popper, the seeds and the inner membrane give the heat, by coring those out they are very very mild.

Awesome, thank you for the recipe.

Does anyone else here enjoy grilled plantain? I tried it for the first time last week and loved it.

Top Bottom