• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I really want a BGE, but don't want to wait for one of the demo's and don't want to pay full price!

Initially it may seem like a lot of cabbage but it's worth it and you will discover that soon after you get it. The egghead forums are great and you'll find yourself searching out new things to cook on it. I think there's a few other fests coming up around Indiana, go check greeneggers.com and the forum has all the banners at the top.

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    Well I splurged.

On its way home
    IMG_20130528_173638.jpg

Home!
    IMG_20130528_181922.jpg

Ended up getting a medium since I'm forever alone!!

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a BGE but now I'm at least looking at the Weber Smokey Mountain smokers. I could buy two of the bigger ones for less than the BGE.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think the Green Egg is over priced and overrated. I like to have to actually do something to smoke meat. Not just lite it and go inside and wait.

You're right, they are awful. My family hates that I bought one. They can barely choke down the pizzas that come off of it. The pulled pork I make on mine is barely suitable to fertilize the garden. Smoked chicken? Brisket? Pork chops? Forget about it, McDonalds could probably do better.

I can't wait till some kid hits mine with a baseball and breaks it so I can go back to a big, rusty, leaky, fuel hungry pig of a smoker that I can't walk more than 15' away from for fear the temperature will bottom out.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    You're right, they are awful. My family hates that I bought one. They can barely choke down the pizzas that come off of it. The pulled pork I make on mine is barely suitable to fertilize the garden. Smoked chicken? Brisket? Pork chops? Forget about it, McDonalds could probably do better.

I can't wait till some kid hits mine with a baseball and breaks it so I can go back to a big, rusty, leaky, fuel hungry pig of a smoker that I can't walk more than 15' away from for fear the temperature will bottom out.

I don't know, it might just be me, but I'm getting a hint of sarcasm in this post.I could be wrong, as it has happened once before, but I'm fairly certain I'm right?

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield

I think your purple is broken! :dunno:

Top Bottom