Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Announcing the

2009 2nd Annual INGO Mosin Nagant Group Shoot
    aka initiation into the 2009 INGO Brotherhood of the Fireball

It's about that time of year again! The weather is turning cold and the trees are turning bare. It's time for us to come together and create some vintage fireballs!

The tentative date is Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 11:00 am and ending whenever we're done shooting (last year it was around 2:00-3:00, I believe). As before, the location will be at Hamilton County Fish and Game. Because of the limited facilities, I will be able to accommodate no more than 6 shooters. It's possible that we can increase the number if we find an alternate shooting location, but until that is set in stone we'll stick with what we've got.

We'll be shooting Mosin Nagants ONLY. If you want to shoot something else, please wait for another outing, thanks. If you don't have a Mosin but would like to participate, there will be rifles available for you. There will be plenty of ammo and while most people are happy to share, please don't assume they will. Mosins shoot 7.62x54r, which is readily available at your nearest gun store (although not usually at Walmart). Don't buy 7.62x39 by accident.

Last year's outing was a great success! We spent a few hours shooting followed by a tailgate-style cookout with brats and hotdogs. I'd like to follow the same formula this year. Just like last time, we'll do it pitch-in style. A list of items that will need to be brought will be included in this post later on and you'll have an opportunity to pick an item to bring.

Here's the AAR from last year's shoot:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/15613-ingo_brotherhood_of_the_fireball.html

The following list is the people who are signed up. GREEN is 100% confirmed. RED is "Tentative/Alternate".

Confirmed:
    0. Scutter01
    0. mrw
    1. Libertarian01
    2. Archbishop
    3. miguel
    4. danielocean03
    5. 49CJ3A
    6. RogerB
    7. AndyCCW
    8. ATF Consumer
    9. hotfarmboy1
    10. sticks4walking

On Deck:
    2. geronimojoe85
    3. [strike]Rattlesnake46319[/strike]

Pitch-in list:

We'll need the following:

Meats ([strike]hot dogs[/strike] (Scutter01), [strike]brats[/strike] (hotfarmboy1), etc.): Should be simple to cook as facilities are limited.
    Buns (Scutter01 - hot dog buns)
    [strike]Condiments: BBQ sauce[/strike] (hotfarmboy1) [strike]ketchup/mustard/relish[/strike] (RogerB)
    [strike]Paper: Napkins, plasticware, plates, etc.[/strike] (danielocean03)
    [strike]Beverages: 2-liters or a case of water, etc.[/strike] (ATF Consumer)
    [strike]Grill (plus propane, matches, etc.)[/strike] (Scutter01),
    Sides: [strike]Chips[/strike] (sticks4walking), [strike]beans[/strike] (Archbishop), [strike]potato salad[/strike] (49CJ3A), etc.
    [strike]Clean-up: Paper towels, cleaner/degreaser (such as 409 or Fantastik), garbage bags[/strike] (AndyCCW)
    [strike]Folding table[/strike] (Scutter01),
    [strike]Canopy[/strike] (AndyCCW)

I will bring hot dogs and buns, a portable propane grill, and a small folding table. If you want to sit down, you might want to bring a camp chair of some sort. Please let me know what you plan to bring and I will update the list.

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm in :yesway:

You say only 6 shooters...is that only 6 at a time on the line, or only allowing 6 to participate for the day? If it's only 6 to participate, withdraw my name so others may have the opportunity.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Total of 6 shooters period. HCFG just isn't that large and they've asked members to limit guests to 6. As I said, it's possible that we can relocate to a different range, but it worked out pretty well last year with just a small group.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    if its limited to only 6 shooters then remove me from the confirmed list so someone else can shoot. I'll just stand back and watch the grins as the form. :):

Edit: I'll have my M38 available to shoot though if needed.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Scutter, you know I'm always down to shoot my Mosin(s). If you have overwhelming interest in this, put me down as an alternate. You know I'd love to come, but I don't want to keep anyone from shooting one that hasn't had a chance to catch the "sickness" yet! Let me know!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok, I put you on as an alternate. This isn't NFA Day, though. I'm not really trying to introduce people to Mosins. While that's not a bad idea, six openings isn't enough for a project like that. IF we move to a different venue, I'll expand the list to 10-15 shooters. In the meantime, if you want to shoot your Mosin with us, get on the Confirmed list.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Please include me and "Stash" (pronounced "St-ah-sh") -- my Polish Mosin -- to the list. I wanted to play last year, but Stash was in transit... :D

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Ok, I put you on as an alternate. This isn't NFA Day, though. I'm not really trying to introduce people to Mosins. While that's not a bad idea, six openings isn't enough for a project like that. IF we move to a different venue, I'll expand the list to 10-15 shooters. In the meantime, if you want to shoot your Mosin with us, get on the Confirmed list.

Ok, confirm me then please. I was just trying to be a "nice guy", but I'd absolutely love to get out there and shoot my M44 & M38!! I'm in!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Place me from confirmed to on deck, as I stated in my first post, I don't want to trump someone that would like to get the opportunity to shoot...if you move this to a larger venue...I most certainly want to participate. I'll just play backup in case there are any open spots when the shoot date arrives.:ingo:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would really like to attend this!

I have a few Mosins I could bring along and would like meeting you fine folks!

Could someone please tell me where I could find this location on Google Maps exactly?

Also, if I am able to make it I would be more than happy to drive some folks from the Fort Wayne area to wherever this is.

Regards,

Doug

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would really like to attend this!

I have a few Mosins I could bring along and would like meeting you fine folks!

Could someone please tell me where I could find this location on Google Maps exactly?

Also, if I am able to make it I would be more than happy to drive some folks from the Fort Wayne area to wherever this is.

Regards,

Doug

Added. HCFG is in Noblesville. More info will be provided later.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm IN!!! Ive got 2 mosins I'll bring. My 91/30 all orig, and my M44 with ATI scope mount/bolt handle with Barska scope, and ATI synthetic stock. And I've got plenty of ammo!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom