• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I'm not at all recoil sensitive and immensely enjoy the 357 magnum revolver. This reminds me a lot of that caliber but in semi-auto so it's a win win for me. I also shoot a lot of 9mm and .45 but don't get quite the "thrill" from it like this 10mm. I also find it challenges my abilities to keep on target so I consider it good training on my grip, follow thru and concentration to complete the package.

Also I'm a handloader so it's easy to load from mild to wild between 1,100 to 1,400 fps. Makes for some great versatility.

Well.....whats not to like...:):

Thanks. I am still trying to get my head around the 10mm. No matter how much I read about it, I still don't see anything that is enticing me to come over to the Dark Side enough to make me want to jump in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks. I am still trying to get my head around the 10mm. No matter how much I read about it, I still don't see anything that is enticing me to come over to the Dark Side enough to make me want to jump in.

Well.........It goes "BOOM" when you run the hot stuff. It runs a pretty flat trajectory. It runs pretty clean if you stay away from Buffalo Bore.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

Have you tried a 10mm yet? I didn’t get it until I tried my first 10mm. It quickly became a favorite of mine, enough that I have 2 10s and there has been discussion of a 3rd. The next one will be most likely be a 1911.

Thinking about it, I’m not really sure why I enjoy this caliber so much. The power maybe? Whatever the reason, it’s one that I smile with every trigger pull.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    When you fire them you just know. That frozen rope trajectory and the different ring on steel targets will change anyone.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    50888-DEFAULT-l.jpg

ordered this one last week cant wait to see how it shoots

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is what does it for me. Sometimes it's just good for the soul to make a bigger bang.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Thank you sir. I'd been looking at a few different models. The opportunity arose to get this one but I had to drive a bit to make it happen. After speaking with the (older) gentleman for a day I knew it was going to be legitimate. He was an awesome guy (and so was his road dog). Sometimes meeting a good person is better than any good deal that comes along.
    Anyway I was thinking this might be a safe queen...until I went to the range. What a dream. (I didn't even wipe it down before those pics above you can see the gunk).
    But I also had a random holster that fit and it will definitely be my new bbq gun. I couldn't be more pleased with it. The Trijicon sights are 3 dot which is my preference, the front 20lpi grip is a feature I didn't realize how much I would love. Plus the movement of each part from the slide to the 4lb trigger to the easily workable hammer, mag release, etc all feel like very high quality fitment and of course the finish and rounded edges and lines are beautiful.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you sir. I'd been looking at a few different models. The opportunity arose to get this one but I had to drive a bit to make it happen. After speaking with the (older) gentleman for a day I knew it was going to be legitimate. He was an awesome guy (and so was his road dog). Sometimes meeting a good person is better than any good deal that comes along.
    Anyway I was thinking this might be a safe queen...until I went to the range. What a dream. (I didn't even wipe it down before those pics above you can see the gunk).
    But I also had a random holster that fit and it will definitely be my new bbq gun. I couldn't be more pleased with it. The Trijicon sights are 3 dot which is my preference, the front 20lpi grip is a feature I didn't realize how much I would love. Plus the movement of each part from the slide to the 4lb trigger to the easily workable hammer, mag release, etc all feel like very high quality fitment and of course the finish and rounded edges and lines are beautiful.

This is why SA is my go to marque. I realize the really screwed the pooch with some bone head political moves but they do make a very nice 1911.
    Buying used does nothing for the company's bottom line.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    This is why SA is my go to marque. I realize the really screwed the pooch with some bone head political moves but they do make a very nice 1911.
    Buying used does nothing for the company's bottom line.

I agree. Political blunders aside, I didn't mind getting a (like new) used piece...from a very nice guy at that. No regrets :cool:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've never owned a 1911 in .45 this large. so after the first two shots out of the first mag today I realized I needed to change my grip. I stepped right out of the range and watched a couple of YouTube videos. Went back in and tried a new grip for shots 3-8. I think it worked. The rest of the time I was on point. I tried all 230gr round nose.
    Do you 1911 guys have a preference for target vs. carry ammo?

00G0G_aZMjBu5J5lg_1200x900.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've never owned a 1911 in .45 this large. so after the first two shots out of the first mag today I realized I needed to change my grip. I stepped right out of the range and watched a couple of YouTube videos. Went back in and tried a new grip for shots 3-8. I think it worked. The rest of the time I was on point. I tried all 230gr round nose.
    Do you 1911 guys have a preference for target vs. carry ammo?

00G0G_aZMjBu5J5lg_1200x900.jpg

Carry Ammo? 230 grain Federal HST, Remington Golden Saber and Hornady XTP seem to run in 1911s pretty well. On a budget try some Federal HiShock I have seen some issues with Hornady Critcal Duty hanging up in some guns.

Range ammo. Just buy what is available. I reload so if I buy factory ammo it is brass case and Large primer.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I love 1911's but have to have the trigger guard undercut so I can get a higher grip on the frame. You will probably find the TRP will shoot better and better with more range time and rounds through it. Once it wears in, you will be hooked on the platform. HSTs are great for carry and range ammo is usually 200 gr. or 230 gr. lead, unless I stumble on some 230 gr. FMJ for cheap.

Top Bottom