fT6GpeF.jpg

1LBmA0r.jpg

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Yes all the cast offs get put on my guns.But i an going to make a set of ivories for my 27no dash 3 1/2 barreled blue.
    I will post pictures when it is done

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gold Peso is a nice touch! You need to find a Colt 1902 for a set of grips like that, they were very popular in Mexico.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I think I have finally found a 1911 I like. And it warms my soul. S.A. RO 9mm. Planning an AllenM build for single stack steel and USPSA over the cold months, but for now it's a fun factory gun. really easy to learn and correct mistakes in my form with this pistol being sa and having excellent sights, fighting some npoa demons currently. At 15 yards it should probably be a single hole gun, but I'm not a single hole pistol shooter.

jvNIZsl.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think I have finally found a 1911 I like. And it warms my soul. S.A. RO 9mm. Planning an AllenM build for single stack steel and USPSA over the cold months, but for now it's a fun factory gun. really easy to learn and correct mistakes in my form with this pistol being sa and having excellent sights, fighting some npoa demons currently. At 15 yards it should probably be a single hole gun, but I'm not a single hole pistol shooter.

jvNIZsl.jpg

Good choice. We have used the RO platform for more than a few builds and AllenM has been my guy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked this up for a good price, it's coated with something that flips from blue to nickle but looks good. It needed better grips so I found some in the parts box that were whiter. It shoots well, now I have to scare up a good holster.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Night Watchman
    I'm a fan of the SR1911 series, and the Night Watchman is a really nice looking piece.

Picked this up for a good price, it's coated with something that flips from blue to nickle but looks good. It needed better grips so I found some in the parts box that were whiter. It shoots well, now I have to scare up a good holster.
    I'm probably saying this wrong, but I've always really liked the old-style spurred hammer on older 1911s and CZs. Everything seems rounded and skeletonized nowadays, but the vintage look of a spurred hammer looks classic to me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Congrats, looks like an interesting one.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    f21b864a-7942-4561-9fc1-390e0f234365
    Here’s the custom one I made, it’s a volkmann custom slide and frame, hand fit, the grips are made from a piece of English walnut, trigger is colt, and most the other parts are Springfield or Wilson combat, cerakote is sniper grey mixed with crushed aluminum, Tiffany blue trigger, and graphite black

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom