• ...and so much more!
  • vick1

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Dec 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Can someone tell me what cut this is if I wanted to order a replacement front sight? There are different cuts from what I have read and I ordered the wrong one once, too small of a base. Thanks for any help. Cuts made by a Smith I was told, it’s a Caspian Slide.

2A844D56-F2BC-4B42-A1AD-540658D64EAD.jpeg A0839C06-A402-4712-8323-CAB7524FA071.jpeg

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    A picture from the side would be helpful but looks like a standard Novak cut that my Springfield has TBH from that picture.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    You'd really have to take that to a smith to have them measure it. I personally can't eyeball the difference between a "real" Novak cut, a Springer/Dan Wesson, and a Kimber.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been down this road looking for sights for different pistols.
    What I've found....
    Many firearm manufacturers have proprietary cuts for "only" their firearms. So sometimes finding an aftermarket sight can/will be difficult.

Novak as well as other sight manufacturers list what brand products their sights will fit.

Popular and "name brand" firearm manufacturers are the most easiest to find but off brand or rare models can and are difficult to source.
    Of course a Gun Smith will be of big help, but can also begin to get pricey.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    These threads crack me up. I have been installing and using staked front sights and plunger tubes on 1911s for almost 40 years and have never had one loosen - not one. If you ever see either one one come off it is because whoever installed it didn't know what they were doing. Dove tail sights exist so that smiths can make money milling slides - or for guys who must have tritium sights.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    These threads crack me up. I have been installing and using staked front sights and plunger tubes on 1911s for almost 40 years and have never had one loosen - not one. If you ever see either one one come off it is because whoever installed it didn't know what they were doing. Dove tail sights exist so that smiths can make money milling slides - or for guys who must have tritium sights.
    While your comments are true, they have nothing to do with the OP's question.

Top Bottom