• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Ok. I'll bite and be the one to try to bring it back to topic.

I keep hearing reporters on the case saying TM mom is going to take the stand. What exactly does she have to testify to? The one and only thing I can imagine she could testify to is if the voice heard on the 911 call is TM or not. But unless she has ever heard her son yell like that, over the phone and 50 yards away....wouldn't that be speculation and the defense could object?

I see no other information that she could testify to that are relevant to the case. She wasn't there, all she has is hearsay from others. Of course that's not stopped the State or Judge any other time in this case.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok. I'll bite and be the one to try to bring it back to topic.

I keep hearing reporters on the case saying TM mom is going to take the stand. What exactly does she have to testify to? The one and only thing I can imagine she could testify to is if the voice heard on the 911 call is TM or not. But unless she has ever heard her son yell like that, over the phone and 50 yards away....wouldn't that be speculation and the defense could object?

I see no other information that she could testify to that are relevant to the case. She wasn't there, all she has is hearsay from others. Of course that's not stopped the State or Judge any other time in this case.

My son "T" was always a good boy. He never hurt nobody noway. Just look at this pic of him smiling. He was a good boy and now he is gone.

That is all she can do. Tear jerk off the jury.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    My son "T" was always a good boy. He never hurt nobody noway. Just look at this pic of him smiling. He was a good boy and now he is gone.

That is all she can do. Tear jerk off the jury.

Wouldn't that open the door for the defense to question about being suspended from school? Or any other fights he was involved in?

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I keep hearing reporters on the case saying TM mom is going to take the stand. What exactly does she have to testify to?

THAT would raise some questions, wouldn't it? Z's family has been barred from the courtroom to not "taint their testimony" since they are possible witnesses, yet M's family has been there from day one.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    "You may recall that the State’s opening statement placed a very considerable emphasis on two forensic facts: (1) that Zimmerman’s gun had been “pressed” into Martin, with a contact shot to Martin’s sweatshirt, and (2) that Zimmerman’s gun had been carried “ready-to-fire” in an apparently careless manner. O’Mara eviscerated both histrionic points in his cross of Siewert. She first testified that although the muzzle of the gun did appear to have been in contact with Martin’s sweatshirt, she was not prepared to testify that it had been pressed into his skin".

To this point , why wouldn't defense bring up the fact that if the gun made solid contact , it would've slipped/been pushed out of battery and wouldn't have fired ?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Wouldn't that open the door for the defense to question about being suspended from school? Or any other fights he was involved in?

It could open the door if she testifies to character for peacefulness etc. My guess is that she is going to testify about the voice on the 911 call. As I recall, the motions in limine left that possibility open. However, if there is a separation of witness order in place and/or she is not a listed witness, I'm not sure she is going to get to testify on direct if she has been in the courtroom during the trial.

Best,

Joe

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I have been reading through a number of Facebook conversations about the Zimmerman case. It seems that 100% of the blind "skittles 4 Trayvon" zombies have zero clue about any of the facts in the case.
    I only have so much time to correct people, and there is just too much stupid.
    "he a child. he wuz minin' his own bidness going home with tea n skittles".
    That's just one such gem.
    Then there were lots of posts about "burnin sanford down" if "he dont get convicted".
    And that is of concern. Ignorance is one thing, but then unprovoked aggression against random strangers is a zombie apocalypse.
    You just know that is on the minds of everyone involved in the trial. (including Zimmerman himself).

Top Bottom