• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Recently came across a Waffenfabrik Bern, M81 rifle that shoots 11 mm ammunition. I know you cant find any ammo of any kind these days, but was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find some. (I have never shot this gun so kinda interested to know how it is if anyone has any experience with it. Everything appears to be in great shape on it)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If you're into reloading buffalo arms may have the brass. I love odd ball rifles like that, but rarely have the money for them. May I ask how much you paid for it?

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Your Swiss rifle is commonly called a Vetterli. It was chambered to fire a 10.4 x 38r RIMFIRE cartridge, so reloading for it is pretty much out of the question. This rimfire ammo is unavailable anywhere, and is considered collectible ammo, so any you find is very expensive.
    Some of these rifles were converted to fire a centerfire cartridge. Look at the bolt face on yours, the original rimfire firing pin was U-shaped, and actually strikes the rim in two places.
    I hope this helps, don't want to whiz in your cornflakes!!

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I actually didn't buy it. I ran across it in my grandfather in-law's house when he was recently showing me some of his old guns. This was one of them. He brought it back to the states years ago, but didn't know much about it. I do know it's an old rimfire, but didn't know if anyone has had luck with ammo. Looks like it may stay as a collectible/decoration piece. It's definitely a neat gun

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The name escapes me, but there is a company that sells the loaded centerfire converted ammo for something like $40/50, reloadable brass. They also do the bolt conversion for something to the tune of $50 if I remember right.

Top Bottom