• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    did you read where i said the CARRIER LATCH is what you got some behind it at the bolt end???????.......and yes i have filed many many dimps out of sportsman so i know how it works....

Oh I took the carrier latch out and cleaned it and the area it sits in as best as I could. It was spectacularly dirty too, could tell the previous owners probably never took that piece off!

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    did you read where i said the CARRIER LATCH is what you got something behind it at the bolt end???????....as i tested it and reproduced your problem........and yes i have filed many many dimps out of sportsman so i know how it works....

Oh somehow I didn't see your first paragraph somehow I will see what I can do

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    Yeah that whole thing I was able to remove after looking up some videos and using a small screwdriver. I think that maybe my carrier latch is a little bent, replicating what yours does with paper. I think I might put it in a vise and see if I can gently flex it back.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    give that i try.....just seem weird that is work fine before that after no go.....don't bend it to far or the shells will never feed.....

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    give that i try.....just seem weird that is work fine before that after no go.....don't bend it to far or the shells will never feed.....

Well I was struggling to get the shell latch seated correctly and it's possible I bent the carrier latch putting the trigger group back in or something. Since it worked before I have to have messed something up, just trying to figure out which piece and I think you figured it out with that paper trick

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    what did you come up with?????

I replaced the carrier latch and still have the problem. The carrier latch I found on GunBroker was bent slightly differently and what not but still caused the same symptom. So the shell latch and carrier latch were replaced to no avail.

I think it may be possible that the bolt group is traveling too far back? Because it moves and the carrier latch is engaged but once it gets all the way back the carrier latch goes free again. I suppose it has to because you use the button to send the bolt back forward.

Honestly I am pretty stumped. Out of good ideas at this point

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    you every come north up on 69?.......i'm about 5 miles from the state road 45 exit.......we could compare it to mine to see what has happen to it....

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I believe the gun will cycle correctly so long as I don't try to use the charging handle to cycle it. Which is annoying but it should be fine.

ok but it still isn't right......i think if i was left with it for a couple hour i could fix it.......still think it is in the latch carrier...

Top Bottom