• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    I'm on my 4th round of 10mm reloads & wondering what kind of case life 'yall been getting? I've been loading 10gr of bluedot with 180s in starline & sig brass, so nothing crazy hot, plus running a fully supported chamber in my G40. With ammo craziness it would be nice to get 10+ reloads, so far brass looks good... What say ye?

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    Copy that, I'll keep running medium loads & see how far I get. Yeah chasing brass can be a pita, especially when the guy before you just burned through 200rds of 40. Seems like the case mouths go first, I wonder how effective annealing would be to reduce case hardening & cracking

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know that the 10mm has a lot more pressure than the .45acp. I am very conservative on the belling die and only crimp tight enough to make sure they drop in the cartridge gauge. I am also really dedicated to recovering my brass. Some of my .45 brass has been reloaded so many times the lettering on the head stamp is nearly worn off. That has to be dozens of times

When I shot bullseye, my .38spl would start cracking at the crimp at 15-18 reloads. The roll crimp needed for cast bullets in a revolver is a lot harder on the case mouth than taper crimps on Semi autoammo.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I need to get one of those full support barrels as I'm tossing cases from base bulges.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    +1 on the 45acp brass going forever, I gave up counting after a dozen reloads when I started years ago. 10mm is a new animal to me & at 37Kpsi I thought it might be comparable to 357 mag brass, but good point on roll crimp being harder on brass than taper. @Leadeye, a fellow glock owner & reloader warned me of the "glock smile" on brass so I got a KKM real quick. Nice tight match chamber & barely needs resized. But for ultimate reliability in SD use I put the stock barrel back in, much looser & probably less chance of a feed issue

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just for fun I dug up one of my old posts on a similar subject:

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I need to get one of those full support barrels as I'm tossing cases from base bulges.
    I just started reloading 10mm and after a bunch of poking around with various searches I saw the Redding G-RX die recommended a bunch by peeps who reload 40S&W and 10mm. I've used it on all of the range pick-up that I've collected over the last few years. I clean the brass then give it a spray of Hornady One Shot before sending it through the die. On the harder pieces to push through, nearly every one had the tell tale Glock primer indentation.

Redding G-RX die

They also make a regular steel one for quite a bit cheaper.

Non carbide

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I just started reloading 10mm and after a bunch of poking around with various searches I saw the Redding G-RX die recommended a bunch by peeps who reload 40S&W and 10mm. I've used it on all of the range pick-up that I've collected over the last few years. I clean the brass then give it a spray of Hornady One Shot before sending it through the die. On the harder pieces to push through, nearly every one had the tell tale Glock primer indentation.

Redding G-RX die

Non carbide
    I run all my 40sw & 10mm brass through the Redding G-RX carbide die just to ensure that none of my reloads will have sizing issues. I do check 40 & 10 for excessive bulging and discard anything showing a defined crease that would indicate a shearing of the case wall that will not be repaired by sizing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Redding G-RX die

Non carbide
    Doesn't the Lee Factory Crimp Die remove that bulge also?

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Doesn't the Lee Factory Crimp Die remove that bulge also?
    I believe the Lee bulge buster setup uses the 10mm factory crimp die with a pedestal type piece to push the brass up through the die. Pushing the brass up through the die is needed because brass held in a shellholder will not allow the sizing to go to the very bottom of the case.

I do remember reading something about some people took a 10mm case and filled it with epoxy to serve as the push through ram that would be held by a sell holder used with the Lee factory crimp die. I machined a simple metal ram piece to fit in the press ram and used it with the Lee factory crimp die until the bought the Redding setup.

The Redding setup is a better setup (my opinion) with a fixture to push the brass up through the die with a spring loaded collar that holds the brass as it goes up into the die. Nicer, but you do pay for it.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    Just for fun I dug up one of my old posts on a similar subject:
    Wow, that was a very thorough test process & great read. Amazed that some of that brass made it past 50 reloads, that's a good sign for 10mm. I figure if 40s&w is 35Kpsi thats very close to the 37.5Kpsi of 10mm so results may be similar.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Lee has a die thats called the bulge buster that removes bulges in brass caused by glock barrels.

Just a suggestion asbdar as a Glck platform. With a Glock and 40 or 10mm I would still be cautious and get rid of the brass after 3 firings I use to reload 40 for a Glock 35 (when USPSA only had 2 divisions) and had zero issues HOWEVER I trashed the brass after usually no more than 3 rcase firings.

The reason is everytime you take the bulge out of fired Glock cases the brass gets weaker. That is what KB the majority of 40 Glocks While 10mm slides are significantly beefier the brass still gets weaker everytine. They Glocks with the KB all seemed to suffer from ruptured cases and not that whoke "must have fired out of battery" line. 10mm will be no different as true 10mm loads PSI are up there.

That said if your cases are not buldging you can probably get more loadings out of like say a 357 does. Just inspect your brass for cracks, splitting etc.

Good luck

Last edited:
    Top Bottom